Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35s or 37s *DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by daleearnhardt01, Nov 20, 2003.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by daleearnhardt01

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: 35s or 37s

Hell, for 6" of lift and you say yes to trimmin? 39.5 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Chris-

You plan on getting something else to drive back and forth to Tech?

Alot will say go 37 but man, thats gonna be killer to drive around as much as you do. Even with better gearing, its gonna put lots of extra strain on the motor and tranny.

There is a point when Daily Driveability is lost. There was a post awhile back talking about it. To me it seems like you need to stop at 35's, but its your wallet.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Trust me when I say I know how and when Daily Driveabilty is lost. 37" tires are expensive to burn up on lots of highway miles. Also, I've never been a big fan of goodyear tires.. Always seem to dryrot easily.

My point is, 35's are the limit IMO to true DD status, esp. long trips like you make often. 37's would work fine if you were to make occaisional long trips and short trips around campus.

Hell, thats my 2 pennies on that... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

John

4. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

I drive 100 miles round trip everyday with my 6" lift and 36x14.50's on 16x10's and its fine to me.

Heres some pics next to a 2002 HD2500 with 9.5" full throttle lift, 36" PJ's on 16.5x12 wheels:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

John I can always count on you to keep me in line and knock me back on track where stuff makes sense. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I know 35s are the best option and really my only option for the highway miles I see but I just want to be bigger but theres really no reason to go that big right now.

Oh well so it stays 35 BFG.......until I stray from my good thinking again. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif