Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35's wiht a 4 inch lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blaz90in, Feb 27, 2003.

1. blaz90in

blaz90in Registered Member

35\'s wiht a 4 inch lift?

My buddy just got a 87 K5 and wants to get a 4 inch lift and buy my Bfg's off me....well i was wondering how bad he would rub...or wouldnt it work(if you have any pics i could show him that would be cool)
    TIA,
    Eric /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Re: 35\'s wiht a 4 inch lift?

Do a search or look in the garage forum under MUGSHOTS OF YOUR RIG. This has been covered a ton, and a lot lately.

3. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

go to my pics below ive got 35s with no lift

4. blaz90in

blaz90in Registered Member

I did a search and it produced nothing....mugshots wont tell me anything because doesnt say the total lift and all the good stuff! but ill look there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Eric

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

The majority of people have there lift/tire size in either their sig or in their profile..........

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ok i'll help you. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif its gonna rub, maybe not too bad but if he gets pretty twisted up while turning then yeah the tires and the fenders will get in a little arguement wich the fenders usually lose. you shouldn't need to trim too much. it really depends on how hard he wheels it. like me, i ran 4" and 36" TSLs for a long time cuz when i do go wheelin i do hills and mud mainly. (no rocks for me!!!!!) now i'm running 7" total and still on the 36"s. you can see pics of my suburban in my webshots and there's an album in there on fender trimmin, mine are pretty mild, cuz i wheel pretty mildly. hope i was helpful. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

4" lift and 35" tire ??? Trim the fenders, or go 6" lift.

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

who needs a lift? hog out the fenders and they will fit fine.

9. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I have an 87 with a 4 inch lift and 35 inch bfg's.

No fender trimming required as far as I can tell. I think I would have to give it a good flex to get it to rub the fenders. I do have a problem with the left tire rubbing the drag link though. It rubs with sharp turns and its even wors if I am turning up a curb. My wheels are 15X8.

Note - My BFG's say they are 35" but if you take a tape measure to them they are 33". Its kind of like computer monitors, a 15" monitor is less than 14" and a 2x4 is something like 1.75X3.5. I guess the tire companies think they will sell more tires if they lie about the actual product.

10. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

i have 35" tires and only 4" susp. lift and they are fine for street driving, no rubbing problems or anything... BUT, as far as wheelin i think theres a good chance the front one's would possibly rub from the room it looks to have. i havent had a chance to take it offroad since i have put them on, and now i have oil pressure problems (beside the point though)

so...street driving is no problem.... mild wheelin might be ok... but anything more will probably rub

as far as the lift goes, he should get a 6" if he hasnt gotten it yet. wouldn't have to worry as much about this either. i regret not getting the 6", and now will probably end up just going with a 3" body later.

matt