Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35's with 10 bolts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badassblazer03, Nov 17, 2003.

1. badassblazer03

badassblazer03 Registered Member

35\'s with 10 bolts?

will it work? I plan on running mtr's mith a 4 inch lift on my 82 k5. Any ideas on how much ground clearence I can expect.
    thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: 35\'s with 10 bolts?

[ QUOTE ]
    will it work? I plan on running mtr's mith a 4 inch lift on my 82 k5. Any ideas on how much ground clearence I can expect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you drive like an a** or do you drive like a calm, considerate human being? That's the first question you must answer.................... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I run 35's on my 10bolts. Not a problem yet but I dont wheel it very hard because of the 10bolts. Try to move up to at least 3/4 ton gear at least if you plan on wheeling it at all.

Nick

Nick

4. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I would guess about 7-8 inchs ground clearence to the diff. I have 35s on my 10 bolts and they are holding up (knock on wood) they have been on there for about 5k miles, The previous owner had 36s on it best I can tell beacuse that is what the speedo was calibrated for, had 31s when I got it though.

5. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

I'm running 315/75x16 MTRs, they measure 34.5" on a 8" wide rim and 33.5" with the weight of the truck on it and at 34psi. Ground clearance under the front diff is 10.25"; rear is different since I'm running a D60 back there.

6. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

89 k5 10 bolts front welded and 38's yeah axle shafts break when there is axle hop but i have beaten it pretty hard and am impressed don't have money for a 60 but got plenty of old axles shafts laying around /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

10 bolts will work on 35's. IF you plan on wheeling it hard I would suggest going with a GOOD QUALITY ring and pinion setup by a good shop with an aftermarket carrier like a Detroit, or an ARB. Aftermarket shafts dont hurt either, Moser's seem to be pretty good. O yeah I wheel the piss out of my 10 bolt front, lots of wheel spin and throttle involved and all i have broken is a chitty superwinch hub. I did blow up the rear Govloc, but that is because its a horrible design.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I beat the piss out of my truck with 35" tires for years with a 10 bolt front and never had any issues. My rear was a 14 bolt though, destroyed the 10 bolt with 31s on the road even before I lifted it.