Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35's with a 3inch lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hawglet, Oct 3, 2002.

1. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

35\'s with a 3inch lift

I had 33's on my 84 at stock ride hieght. I put a 2 inch spring lift which actually raised the ride hieght almost 3 inches
    but I am wondering if I can get away with 35's or not now. Has anybody else done this? The actual tire hieght is only
    34.4 inches so I think I can but I don't want to put out 700 buck then find out wrong. Can it be done with out trimming
    the front fenders? They have been wrapped a little but not much.

Thanks guys,

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Re: 35\'s with a 3inch lift

If you wheel it, they will most likely rub. Go for the 35's and trim the fenders. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif You will eventually trim the fenders anyway. I never thoguht I would, but my rig doesn't have much sheetmetal left. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

If your 33's didn't rub, then the 35's probably won't with 3" of lift under the same conditions. If bigger tires make you wheel harder then you no longer have the same conditions. 34.4" is pretty tall for a 35. You must have narrower rims like 8". With the sway bar on you will probably be fine. If you want front articulation, they will rub.

It's not just a question of lift. The problem is that a 35" (or bigger) tire is bigger than the wheel opening in anything but a straight ahead position. So you have to either trim or limit your suspension travel to avoid rubbing. The amount of lift only determines how much you have to limit the suspension travel.

I have Pro Comp's that measure barely 34" on 15x10 rims and they hit with 5" of lift. With the sway bar connected, I can't make them rub.

Hope some of this helps.

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well I had 33" on my tryck with 3" of lift and they didn't rub so I went with 35" and they not only rubbed they just grabbed on the edges, and I have stiff springs and sway bar on. I did a lot of trimming and now they only rub on the back side of the inner fender at full stuff.
    I guess each truck or each spring is different.
    I would do the trimming and go 35".
    IceMan

5. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

I have a 10 inch wheel with shi**y offset. They are the Uniroyal Larado M/T 35x12.50R15. I won't be trimming fenders anytime soon cause my Blazer is currently 99.9% rust free and I am trying to keep it that way. I may order fenders that were stamped with a larger wheel openign but I can't afford them yet so I am stuck. Thanks for the help guys!!

6. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

where'd you find Larados in 35's?

7. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Will i have 35s on 15X10s and 4inch, i rub some. you will find that if you hit hard bumps your tires will flex your springs back and you can hit that way. or if you come down off a drop off fast you will rub.

8. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Wal-Mart or Sams Club, They both have to special order them but they come in in 7 to 10 days plus they are pretty
    cheap, here at least they are only $118 plus $9 for warrenty/mounting&balance/free lifetime balance and rotation, that
    is for each tire. But still I have yet to find a mail order company that has a decent MT tire for just over a single bill, plus
    yoou'd have to have someone mount and balance them. I think that both of these stores can get them up to like 37"sx12.5
    but I'm sure on that one. I know they can get 35's. Wal-Mart also carries a tire made for tham by Kelly called the Super Sport
    they come in up to 35's also, possibly 37's. A buddy of mine bought a set of 35's to put a 77 chev longbox and got like
    37000 miles out of them then sold tthem for 100 buck the set for swappers. They weren't aggressive enough for him.
    They are a nice tire though if you do pavement a lot and mud on the weekends. Hold up really well. Not a good rock tire,
    seems like they have thinner side walls then say the Laredo for instance. I think they told me lie 116 for 35's. You can order them
    over the net to your door step or any nearby Walmart. Good luck. Hope it helps you out.

9. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I got the 35" MT KUMHO for $113 from tirerack.com
    I have a tire mounting jig but I go to Costco and balance them for $4 a piece.
    I like the KUMHO, they are very sticky, they are durable on rocks, self cleaning in mud, they are top in tread wear better than all MT tires, and they don't make too much noise.

IceMan

10. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

My 35s measure 33" and still hit with 6" springs and swaybar hooked up. And I don't wheel it hard. Both front fenders have a small ding at the rear from hitting.