Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35x12.50s on 7 inch rims?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by landsmasher, May 19, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever wheel with this kind of setup? I'm thinking of puting 35x12.50s on 7 inch rims and was wondering how they work when aired down...

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Larry,
    Craig (scbd) has that setup on his 72 K/5 and works fine, but when he parks next to mine with the same tire and 10" wide rims , his look very skinny... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm running 38x13x16in tsl's on 6.75in rims and have no problems with airing down into single digits /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am running 12.5's on an 8" rim. I haven't aired down yet, but I have been told that 8" rim is great for keeping beads. Tim told me he rairly if ever looses a bead with his 38x12.5's on an 8" rim. So I imagine 7" should work just as well or better. You might have to worry more about wearing the tread in the center though.

5. landsmasher

Very cool. Thanks for the replies guys. Tony I never worry about looks as you should know by now. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif May wear the middle down a little faster but heck, we don't get much use out of our tires if we ride them on the street all the time anyways. This is a toy and not a daily driver so I'm not worried about tread life.

Airing down to single digits sounds great!

Thanks again guys... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have had mine for over a year now and is my daily driver and the wear pattern on mine is awesome i run 23psi on the street and air down to 10psi on the trails and 6-8psi in the sand and have never lost a bead yet and i love to do cookies in the sand at 6-8psi /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. landsmasher

Well, no reason not to do it then. Thanks again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif