Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35x12.5R15 MT Help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillyBob, Dec 3, 2000.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

If ya'll haven't read on the ORC board, I'm going to be getting 35x12.5 MTs in the near future. My only problem is deciding which ones.. I'm looking for something with quite a thick sidewall and pretty durable for around $160 a tire. I've been thinking on getting BFG MTs, or General Grabber MTs. Can anyone reccomend any tire companines for me?

[​IMG]

http://billybob.coloradok5.com
    It's all fun 'n games, till someone gets stuck.

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i would have to say get the BFG's.. have had a couple of sets and i think they are a very good tire!!!

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Check with National Tire they had the cheapest tires around for the last two sets I bought. Personally I prefer 36X12.5X15 Interco TSL Swampers for wheeling and then I have a set of Cavalier Mud kings on white spoke steel rims for everyday driving. Nothing beats the TSL bias-ply tire for a good all around tire (8 ply sidewall) except for their bad behavior on wet asphalt. The middle lugs should always be siped on Swampers though. Anyway just my $.02.

David 75K5
    http://www.goldrush.coloradok5.com
    http://www.extremeblazer.com

[​IMG]

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I have the 35"x12.5" General Grabber MT's on my Jimmy. They have been on the truck for almost 3 years now and I think they are way better than the BFG's they replaced. Awesome traction off road and they seem to have decent manners on the street (for a mud tire). They also wear pretty good, I have at least 30,000 miles on them and I figure I'll get at least another year out of them. I drive mine daily, tow a 21' trailer every summer and wheel it every chance I get.

Rene

[​IMG]

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I just baught a new set of tires about 8 months ago. Because the old ones were shot(BFG M/T) great tires 35x12.5x15's. The only problem I had with them was when I was off road and blew a tire they (DIscount Tire) wouldn't replace them due to it being off road, when I blew one on the freeway they wanted about $40 to replace it useing my warrenty that I baught with the tires. This time I went back to the Big O tires Big Foot X/T 35X12.5x15 they have done great except when I went over a steel stake out 4xn', took it back and told them what happened. 20 min later there was a new tire on the truck. Tires were $190.00 a piece. Saved that with the first replacement.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

6. FWP

FWP CRS

I 've been very happy with the BFG's 3 years now, 40K miles.

C'Moe, You told Discount you were offroading with it? I had 2 side wall punctures (same trip[​IMG]), took em back to Discount, and asked if they could fix em. They said they couldn't be repaired, and replaced em. They did charge me for mount/balance though. Do you think different stores in a different location may interpret the warranty thing different than others? Just curious, Moved here from NM a few months ago.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

7. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

If your looking for a good sidewall NOTHING will top the new Goodyear MT/R's. I always thought the BFG had the worst sidewalls

87 K5 Siverado, 68 SS 396 Camaro

8. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

How dare you go off-road with a "mud-terrain" tire.LOL.

The BFG's are very popular in our club and I had 2 sets myself with no problems.