Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35x12.5R16 or 315/75R16?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AJMBLAZER, Oct 19, 2000.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Hey guys. Really starting to plan the solid axle conversion, and I'm thinking it'd be good to start picking tires. Thing is, I have 16x8 rims. So I need 35" tall tires for 16" rims. Got any recommendations or experiences? I don't have the cash to go over to 15" rims. I wish I did, then it'd be SIMPLE. NO MICKEY THOMPSONS, and it's my daily driver so no Super Swampers. I know of these:
    BFG AT's-cost a lot, any idea on when the MT's are coming out?
    Yokohama Geolander M/T's-hearing about fast wearing
    ProComp AT & MT- hearing that they aren't all that they are claimed to be
    Ummmmm....that's about it. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

2. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

I got my 33" Mud Kings from Discount Tire for 108 each. I think the 35's were around 115-120 each. I LOVE THESE TIRES!!! I totally didn't expect them to be this good but they are super quiet on the highway, kick butt in the dirt or rock-crawlin', have an aggressive and tough tread pattern and can be studded for snow and/or ice. They are made by BFG under the Mud King name and are built the same except for the 2-ply side walls. I really don't have anything bad to say about them at all. I have heard equally good things about the Yoko's, but I don't have any so it's not the same.

HTH,

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

4. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I talked to a guy (via internet)who had the Coyote Radials that National Tire & Wheel carry. Denman, the maker of the Ground Hawg makes them, they're available in 305/85/R16 (36" tall) and they are decently aggressive, have siping and wear well. Just another option.

Good Luck
    Brian
    89KBlazer

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I have tried to buy these tires but they seem to be discontinued completely. They were made by BFG. Does anyone know of any sources by which they are still available. I never had any but I really believe that they were a good deal.

'85 JIMMY
    '90 paint/grill/trim 5"susp 33/12.5/16.5
    Fresh 350 B&M '87 TH700