Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35X14.50.15 anyone running them

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73 K5 Blazer, Mar 1, 2002.

1. 73 K5 Blazer

73 K5 Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a 73 with a 6"tuff country full spring lift and would like to know if any one is running them with a simmilar set-up. Will they be to wide and rub when I turn

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

My friend had a 85 Blazer with 4" springs and 2" body and had 35 14.5 15 boggers and they did rub a little bit. His fenders weren't all hacked but the tires self cleared,LOL. With a different offset rim it can be down .

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the <a target="_blank" href=http://mandydyer.tripod.com/55WillysWagon4x4.htm>damn thing</a>!!

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have 35x14.50x15 on less then 5" of lift and had to do slight trimming. I have Super Swamper SSR's which are a true 35" tire, actually 35.2" to be exact. With a 6" lift you should be fine without trimming.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

4. 73 K5 Blazer

That is the tire I am looking at getting. How do you like the SSR on road and off road? What offset rim are you running?

5. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm running the SSR 35x14.5 on a 15x10 w/ 4" back space and 3.5" lift w/ major trim took off about 4" (from back edge of fender at the door forward to edge of cut it is 8"). I run w/ no sway bar no rub @ full flex.

Later Ed

I'm not tail gating. I'm DRAFTING.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Works good on the street. Have not really had a chance to mess with them offroad but the little bit I did in the snow and in my back yard the did good. I have 4 1/8" backspacing.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

7. 73 K5 Blazer

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I have a 4" suspsension 3" body and am running the exact tires right now--- havent gotten it out of the yard yet - but buddy has a p/u same year- same lifts, and had th same tires with no problems- he off-roads, I dont so guess if they worked for him, they will work for me

Brandy

9. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

I have the 6" Tuff Country lift with shackle flip in the rear and my 35x12.50 goodyears rubbed untill i trimmed /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Blazer83

Blazer83 Registered Member

I am running Super Swamper 35x15.5x15's, hate them on-road, can't beat 'em off road though. Trade off you will have to make. The biggest thing you will find is that the vibration will tend to loosen any bolts that aren't lock-tite'd in. I know, I lost my power steering pump because of those damned tires. Bolts backed out completely. And yes, I had the tires checked for balance and they were as close to being true as you can get that size tire. Tread life sucks on the road as well. Less than 15 months and I already have to replace them......

11. BANKO

BANKO Registered Member

I have a 6" Skyjacker lift, springs front and rear with 35X14.50X16.5 SSRs on 16.5x12 AE 589 wheels on my K20. Since the outer clods are staggered they tires would only rub on occasion when the steering was logged. I trimmed my fenders slightly before taking if off road and they still rubbed. Granted I was running full street pressure in the sand so I know why they rubbed. right now the limiting factor is the inner fender well not the outer lip. I don't have sway bar disconnects but I still get some angular flex. The SSRs handle great on the highway and off-road. The tread pattern really cleans out the sand. It will be interesting to see how they handle fully air down in the sand. As for the mileage the new super swappers have a better compound for street use than the previous super swappers The noise isn't that bad with the windows down and the radio off. With my new exhaust I doubt I'll be able to hear the hum of my tires over the roar of my motor!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Josh