Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

36" Coyotes on 15x10 rims?...centramatics?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Topher, Jun 15, 2000.

1. Topher

Topher Registered Member

36\" Coyotes on 15x10 rims?...centramatics?

Is anyone running Denman Coyote "LT315/85-R15" on 15x10 rims? I am interested in these because they measure 36", have a unique militaristic look, and actually measure taller & wider than the 37x12.50-R16.5 Hummer tires as per Four Wheeler's June '98 article. I also haven't had much luck finding a 36"+ tall tire with a tread pattern that wears as long as these supposedly do (I have to take my daily driving into considerationl).

Anyway, the specs on Denman's site for the size I want indicate an 8" wide rim, and I also received an email from Natl Tire & Wheel saying that the 8" rim is ideal. However I am already running 10" wide rims and would like to know if any of you are running this combo? The Four Wheeler article ran the 36" "LT315/85-R15" on 15x10 Eatons which they got from Natl Tire & Wheel so it seems this is ok. Any thoughts?

BTW does anyone have any pos/neg experience using Centramatic's continous wheel balancer? I have heard good things about these but nothing from a four wheeler's standpoint like do they cake with mud easily, etc.

Unfortunately they apparently don't make these for 15" car/truck rims so I may have to go to a 16x8 rim if I want to run these along with the 36" Coyotes (LT305/85-R16 for a 16" tall rim).

http://www.centramatic.com/

Thanks all,

Chris
    85 & 78
    ...one's running...both need work

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: 36\" Coyotes on 15x10 rims?...centramatics?

Chris

I emailed a guy from either this board or Off-road.com who is running the Coyotes and he had great reviews on them. His name was John Lowery and he promptly return my email with an answer so I hope he doesn't mind me posting his name. His email address is <font color=blue>camper@mailcity.com</font color=blue>.

Good Luck and let us know if you get the Coyotes. I want a min. 36" tire for a 16" rim as well and if I can't get any 38's for 16" rims, I may go the coyote route.

Good Luck
    Brian

3. Topher

Topher Registered Member

Re: Coyotes...and 4Wheel Parts deal, buy 3 Pro Comps get 4th free (also on AE 589\'s)

Hi Brian, thanks for the email link. I sent him an inquiry and am awaiting a reply. I also received another reply from Natl Tire & Wheel saying that the 36" Coyote will work fine on my 10" wide rims so that's good news. The 4 tires shipped to me in Texas will cost $629.40.

BTW I was at 4 Wheel Parts today to pick up my Pro Comp 4" draglink and had the chance to look at the Pro Comp mud terrains. You know, I've been running BFG M/T's for years now and these Pro Comps look like very high quality tires. They are also having a deal where you buy 3 Pro Comp mud or all terrains and get the 4th free! And the same deal applies to the AE 589 rims (buy 3 get 4th free) so this is looking to be a very attractive option as well. The deal ends on the 24th so I have some time to think about it.

Chris
    85 & 78
    ...one's running...both need work