Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

36" TSL radials...just got a set today YEE HA...now some questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Dec 5, 2002.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

36\" TSL radials...just got a set today YEE HA...now some questions

OK thx to everyone who was looking for me a set of skins (you know who you are) I talked this guy here into selling me his set that hasn't been used ...well 2,000 miles maybe he took 500.00 I couldn't believe it I almost felt bad,
    So my question is who has experience with these and how much pressure do you run them at on wheels without beadlocks, (while wheeling) also how many miles will I get from them? and your opinions would be great or tips they are 36x12:50x15's radials I will get some pics up soon but need to attack the fenders first. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: 36\" TSL radials...just got a set today YEE HA...now some questions

I'd start at 27-30 psi and see what the contact patch looks like. Either wet down part of the tire and see whether all the tread is contacting the pavement or use some 'sidewalk chalk' on the tire and see if it wears off evenly.

More contact in the middle of the tread...pressure is too high. More contact at the edges and the pressure is too low.

For off road you'll need to experiment a little, but on a 15" rim I don't see a problem at 12-15 psi.

For the best mileage keep the pressure as even as possible, keep em well balanced and rotate religiously. I've heard 30 to 35 K is possible. YMMV (Your mileage may vary/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Rene

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I ran that exact tire for a few years. I still use them for certain classes of mud racing. I ran around 28 on the road and they wear really well. I used to drop down to around 10 on the trail and only blew it off a few times. I could have avoided that if I had tried more. They ride nice on the road also. I think you'll like them. Oh, I ran mine on an 8" rim.

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I've been running the same tires for a little over 2 years. You will not be disapointed with these tires. I dont drive it daily and I wheel a lot, so your mileage will vary from mine, but I have about 75% tread left

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

If you have 10" rims which most people think they should have, don't go lower than 15 for no popped beads.
    If you get the smarter 8" then you could go down to 10-12.
    I am getting myself some 7" rims. I could then go single digit with no problem.
    I know because I have he spare on a 7" rim, and I barely could put it on, and when I tried to remove it, it was really hard, the tire wants to push out.
    On the streets, since you have the radials, you could go up to 28, if you had the Bias ply, 24-25 would be smoother.

6. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

THX guys i like what i'm hearing, I drive it atleast 50 miles a day so they'll last me about 2 yrs.I hope to buy another rig in a few months then I wont drive it as much, I was hoping to get a set of boggers or Claws and wider but hey 500.00 is a steal I figure and NO shipping for me ( that's atleast 250.00 to Alaska) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

The tires i run now are 35/15/15 TSL SWAMPERS they have about 20% tread and dig like a mad man in ruts. I got lucky and got them for 20$ and i got 4 steel wagon wheels to boot hehe. In my opinion they work great, but don't get your air pressure to low i learned it the hard way tonight when i poped a wheel of in a mudhole.Great deal man