Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

36" TSLs on daily driver???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

36\" TSLs on daily driver???

I might have a pretty good hook up with some couple month old 36" TSL's. I drive my truck everyday on the interstate and am wondering about good and bad highway manners. What kind of life can I expect from these things traveling about 450-550 miles a month.

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Re: 36\" TSLs on daily driver???

Ive had some on my truck for about a year and they still look good. I probably dont put as many miles as you do though. I say get em and worry about how they hold up later.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Might wanna send a PM to muddysub . He's running 36" TSL's on his daily driver.

4. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I was running them on my daily but ended up getting a set of BFG AT's cause one of the TSL's is horribly out of round. If it weren't for that I'd still be running them all the time. They're the best trail tires I've ever had and they're pretty decent on the road, just loud. I'd sipe them though cause wet roads can get interesting, especially with a locker. I keep them at 15 psi for the trails and they actually ride smooth on the street now, but I wouldn't want to put many highway miles on them at low pressure, they wouldn't last too long at all. If I get a little extra cash kicking around this summer I might replace the out of round one and use it as another spare so I can run them more often on the street. They make the truck look so much more bad ass than the AT's do. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I'm running 36" TSL's on 16" wheels on my DD. Awsome, awsome, awsome!!! They're not too loud..they just sound like a turbo prop coming down the road. lol!
    In wet weather, it can get interesting...it's not bad though.

6. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

I run 39.5 TSLs I put about 400 mile a month. Flat spots in the morning is my only complain but after a couple of mile (Georgia WX) all you hear is that HMMMMM.

Eat More Mud!!!!

7. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Scott (muddysub) runs 36 tsl's. I've been with him on the highway and they are great. All you hear is a Hmmmmm. They handle good for a daily driver too. I'm going to be running 36 '' tsl's on my Jimmy in the near future and it is a daily driver.

8. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Ran 36" tsl bias plys on my blazer for over two years 100 mile a day round trip. did great. I have 38's now soon for sale

9. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Here's the deal on wear: heat is the enemy of Swamper Tread. Long trips on pavement at high speed builds up a lot of heat, especially if you are driving during the heat of the day.

If you are like me and you leave when the sun is coming up, they will last longer than if you drive them around a lot around lunch time.

Correct pressure is important too. Most people run too much pressure in big tires. That makes them ride rough and wear out fast.

Balance is important. Try to find a shop with a Hunter GSP 9700 machine. It uses weight patches inside the tire as well as a roller that runs along the tread while balancing.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm running SIPED 36's every day and they are great, no noise, great handling, great on ice, all around beautiful! Just be sure and spend a nice 90 minutes siping the things. Good luck!

11. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

I run 36's also on my DD.

12. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Good replys. Thanks a lot. Know I gotta see if I can get them.

13. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

I run the 36x14.5x16.5 TSL Radials. They are just as quiet and smooth as my bfg muds were. They cost a little more, but if you need a nice ride and quiet, TSL radial are exellent and the work awsome on the trail too.

14. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

wow nice to see you in here again mudboggAD (adam)!!!! been a while. yeah the 36" TSLs are nice for my daily driver.

15. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I agree buy em up then worry about it. I've got a bud that puts at least that on his tsl sx's and hes had em nearly 2 years and they still look fine.