Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

37 gal Northwest Metal Products tank

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChrisM72beast, Mar 29, 2002.

1. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

I'm looking at getting a Northwest Metal Products gastank for the 72. I need to know if there are any problems as far as installation or reliability. I will be selling my other tank once I get this one. It's only 2 1/2 years old. We'll talk about that later.

Chris M

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I just installed one! Look in my gallery listed below. The only issue is that it mounts lower than stock so if ground clearance is an issue then...if you have a body lift you can do what I did, look at my pics...
    The only other thing is that in the location NWMP puts it it is very close the the rear diff(well I have a D60 so that might have something to do with it??)
    Good luck
    Burt

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

My 40 gallon tank is kind of close to my TA Products differential girdle, but not too horribly close.

4. MikeH

MikeH Registered Member

I've had mine for 4-5 years now. The only 2 minor issues is i had to replace the fuel level sender once and I had to do a little 'massaging' with a hammer to clear my rear sway bar. Running stock rear diff. It does hang lower but thats not a big deal to me.... definitely worth the fewer (but more expensive) trips to the pump.