Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

373 rear end

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Feb 1, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    So how good is the 373 rear end for rock crawling, and mudding.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

All depends on what set-up you are running. If you have a doubler or low gears in your t-case, then you shouldn't be bad. Also it factors in whether you are running a stick or auto, etc.....

I know when Shannon Campbell ran "pinky"(his tube frame Willys), he was supposedly running a junkyard 10 bolt and 12 bolt with 3.73's.. But he was running a 3.8:1 Atlas t-case an auto and 37's....

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    Well here is my set-up
    NEW 350 4 bolt (kinda built up from stock)
    New Th350 with a NP208 T-case
    31" tires
    1985 K5 Blazer

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

There good if you have 31" tires. Right now I am running 35's with 3.73's and my truck has No balls. I have a crane cam and new heads in my 350 and with 3.73's they really hurt me. Right now I have an ARB in the front and changing gears is not an option unless I want to loose the ARB. Eventually I will change to 4.88's so I will have the option to go bigger with tire size.

As of right now I rock crawl, I have a SM465 and a NP208. My low range is pretty deep and I have No problems in that since. When I do hill climbs in the sand is where I really notice it and on the street.