Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

37's and 6" of lift, 1st gen pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stevos67k20, Nov 8, 2005.

1. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

i was wondering if 37 inch procomp x terrains will fit with a 6 inch spring lift on a 1967 K20. i plan on trimming the fenders but i dont know how much. i was wondering if anybody had any pics of this setup. i also have a wood bed and there are two bed cross members on either side of the rear inner fender wells, will these have to be cut too? i dont want to worry about the tires hitting the fenders. i just need some pics.

My future setup includes:37x13.5x16 procomp X-ter's 6inch tuff country lift springs, some fender trimming, and ord srossover steering. i was also wondering if i will have to get new driveshafts, angle the front pinion angle... :confused: :laugh:
    thanks a bunch,

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It will be a close fit. You will have to do some fender trimming, but it will not need a major hack job to "git...er done".

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Its gonna rub. you'll have to hack to clear all 4 tires if you'll be flexing it out.
    Heres my k5: 6" front/ 8" rear springs, ord 1" body mounts.. to clear 38" TSL's. I also run 37's now, they rub about the same.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

hey thanks for the pics. whats all this i hear about 6" springs in the front and 8" in the rear. i did a lot ofsearching yesterday and i saw a lot of people with bigger springs in the back. wont this cause you truck to look funky? thanks again :dunno: :truck: :ears:

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

1st gens sit lower in the back than 2nd gens and later p/u's because the spring hangers and shackle mount are higher on the frame. K5's also have more weight on the back end than a truck does.