Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

37's with a 6 inch lift anyone have PICS????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Supreme70, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have 37's on with a 6 inch lift and any problems at full stuff or Do i need to cut fenders. Would love to see pic's, I want to get the 37x14x16 irok's.

2. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

I had 37 w/6inch lift.
    Had to trim ft fenders and fender well. A little trimming on the rear in ft of the tire. I will try to figure how to post pics for you.

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

6" BDS lift and 1" body lift.

4. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

heres 7inches of lift and 36s. close enough..

newflexage.jpg

IM001244.jpg

5. Tuff84blaze

Tuff84blaze 1/2 ton status

It depends on what type of lift you are going to get and what type of rim (backspacing, width).

Based on experience: With a Rough Country lift I would say that you probably would need very little, if any fender trimming at all with a 6", I probably would say even a 4" with a 1" zero rate would do it as the 4" kits seem to give more than 4"'s of lift.

A Tuff Country lift on the other hand you would definitly need to trim the fenders some, Here are some pictures of my brothers 'burban with 4" Tuff Country springs front and rear and a 1" zerorate up front, and slight fender triming (just back to the inner fender), It is also a newer model so it has a little longer front shackles as well and it still needs at least another 3-4" of fender trimming up front to fully flex it while turned.

Oh yeah and the rims are 8" wide with 4.5" backspacing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. josh86k10

josh86k10 1/2 ton status

With stock width 10-bolts, 4" BS, 4" Rough Country springs, and Bushwacker cut-outs (removed about an inch on the backside of the front) my 37x13x15 boggers fit fine. When I moved up to D60 (69.5" wide) & 14ff with 2.75" BS they rubbed hard on the backside of the front with 4" springs. Still rubbed with 6" springs until I trimmed a little more. Not the best pictures for viewing tire fitment but here's how she looks w/ 37's and 6" springs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I just got my 37's on a few weeks ago.

6" springs with a 2" extended shackle in front (+1") and I still have to put a zero-rate in the rear to even it up.

[​IMG]

The rear has lots of room but on my last wheeling trip (down at the mall on the speedbumps :whistle: ) I got a little impact on the rear of the front fenders when turning and going over the bumps. If I stuffed it up farther in the fender while turning the tire would take care of the trimming for me :saweet: . I'm guessing I'll need to trim at least an inch so I'll be hacking of at least two. :hack:

8. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

6 + 37 boggers

[​IMG]

9. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

10. Habez

Habez Registered Member

here is mine with 35x12.5 with 4 inch backspacing and a 6 inch rough country lift. as you might notice, it rubs a little with this setup, so my guess would be that you will have to cut the fenders a little.jeffposingrub_S.jpg

jeffposingrub_S.jpg

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I had some pictures but they got deleted when the new forum came out. From my experiences though, you will have to cut the fenders quite a bit. I put about the same amount of lift on my truck as you, and run 37" mt/r's and mine rubbed a lot. Not when sitting still , but they rubbed when I pulled into my driveway. I had to cut a lot off the front fenders and I even had to cut a big section out of the inner fenders. I didnt have to cut as much off of the rear fenders, but still had to cut some. I guess it kind of depends on how well your setup will flex. I run a shackle flip in the rear and my front bds springs flex exceptionally well. That caused mine to rub a lot.
    -Harrison

12. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the pics guy's. Now I know im going witha 6in lift and 37 Iroks and the bushwacker cutouts. just need tyo get the backspacing planned out for the rims, any help would be appreciated.

13. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

This comment has me rethinking my decision to go with Tuff Country. I am not willing to sacrafice the extra height for a little better ride. And, I don't need much flex for boggin'. Anybody else find this to be true?

14. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

15. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

ttt?

to the top???

16. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

well you did see mine , 6in BDS and 36's.:laugh: talk to you bro

17. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

I think He was wondering the same thing I was in my last post about Tuff Country Yeilding less height than other lifts. Maybe I should start a new thread. ;)