Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

38.5" Boggers, trim, no lift- SUCCESS! Pics added 10-12

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by monster man, Oct 11, 2005.

1. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

got my Boggers today, mounted them on my K20, 38.5"-11-15's with 15x8 steel rims and 2.75" backspacing, a lot of trimming, and no lift. They fit well! :D As long as you're not flexing it out off road there is no rubbing at all. I took it in the bumpy field next door to our buidling and no rubbing, I wasn't rock crawling or anything though. I wish my camera batteries were not dead, you could see how much trimming is necessary. I will of course put a lift on to get some suspension travel and ground clearance, but if you're not inclined you could probably trim more than I did and never need a lift. Stay tuned

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

:bow:
    I was thinking of getting a 3" lift, then 33" boggers.. lately I've been thinking about getting the 33's, using a sawzall, then maybe in the future getting a lift.
    post some pics, I would love to see that.

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

4. monster man

I'm working hard to locate some batteries at my office- if not it will be tomorrow. But, I pretty much cut the front fender wellall the way to where it starts becoming support for the front end, right down past the turn signal, and to the back up to where the cab firewall starts showing. Then about 3" above the tires is cut, you could go more though easily. There are no inner fenderwells, I will fab some new larger ones if I plan on mud running. The back is cut about 1.5" all the way around, that was the easy one

5. sparkyincali

sparkyincali Registered Member

6. monster man

I know, I know, I shouldn't have teased you without pics

I took it off road in several spots, and the tires did rub when I had the wheels turned and going over rocks, but really nothing bad. A bit of minor trimming and she'd be good. It was a pretty rocky trail getting up to the water tower, so I was happy, can't believe it had no lift :D

boggers1.jpg

boggers4.jpg

boggers3.jpg

boggers2.jpg

7. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I say trim a little more and run no lift. Maybe just a 1" Body lift. Looks good as it sits.

8. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Sheesh... what am I doing wrong? I rub my 38s on this thing! :) I just think youre not trying hard enough! LOL
    Mike
    [​IMG]

9. monster man

no, FOR SURE, they rub if articulated, but if you're hella cheap and want to throw the tires on before the lift, just know that it will work in around town driving. I rubbed them maybe four or five times off road, but when it started I just slowed down and kept the wheel straight and it was fine. Could use a couple more inches behind the front tires as is

10. chasone64

chasone64 Registered Member

Looks good. :D
    I need to do some trimming, cause I rub 39.5's with a 6" lift & 3" bl!!!! :confused:

11. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

have any pics of this truck?

12. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I heard the 38.5 boggers only measure a little over 35 inches??? is this true

13. monster man

I know they're not 38.5", Interco even rates them at 38. I'll have to get my tape measure out. It has a lot to do with what rims they're on too, I would estimate these at 37 inches. They're much closer to 38.5 than 35, I know that

14. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

The set i measured with 3psi in them were 37" tall, and that was with some wear and like i said, only 3psi in them. They definately do not only measure 35" tall.

15. monster man

just took a measurement on mine, 38.5x11's on 8" rims and they're at a 1/16th inch over 37. Like I said, not 38.5, but what tire really stands as tall as it claims when mounted? I bet off the vehicle they're 38 though, I noticed some sag when I let the jack down

16. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My bad its the 38.5x15x15 that was smaller i think. I thought jerry(jk5) said they were only about 35.5" with 15 psi in them. I could be wrong though