Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

38.5x11 boggers front 39.5x18rear (anyone running this?) and more tire Qs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77Blazer, Mar 11, 2002.

1. 77Blazer

77Blazer 1/2 ton status

I run a ten bolt in the front (open) and 14ff w/detroit in the rear and just run mud (no crawling rocks/ jumping/etc). I was wondering if i can get away with the different tire sizes... other setups i was thinking about going are:

37 ssr front 37 bogger rear
    39.5 tsl front 39.5 bogger rear

and the only driving this will do is 30 miles to and from Azusa canyon when i go. So what can i get away with???

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I ran the 38" / 39 " Bogger combo on my truck for about 2 years. My purpose though was for running at the local mud bogs. I was running my current set up of 60 w/ Trac Lock & 14 bolt w/ Detroit and 5.13's in both. I never had any problem with the truck not liking the mixed tire sizes. I did notice that when I went 4 wheeling the front tires seemed too skinny. It was almost like they didn't have enough footprint to bite with if the truck got bogged down in 2wd. It couldn't pull out, it would just dig the front down.

I never did any hill or rock climbing though, only muddy trails and mud bogs. I did notice a huge difference in steering at the mud bogs. With fat tires front and rear the truck would "fishtail" through the pit, with the skinny fronts it went straight as an arrow.

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I ran 39s Boggers rear TSLs front on my Jeep. Loved it. Was a TON more friendly on the 10 bolt front.

Now I have 4 44 TSLs for the Blazer.

Ken H.