Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

38.5x11 Boggers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by XtrmChevy, Nov 21, 2001.

1. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

Anybody using this size? Opinions please. I am considering it but what I really would like to get is something like 40x15, unfortunately Interco do not make that size and the 39.5x18 is a little too wide... I do mud and rocks, mostly. Minor street.

1981 K20 350/400/208/205 D60fARB & 14bFFDETROIT 4.10 (UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!)

2. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I asked the same thing a little while back. Didnt get anything really. White Knight was the only one that answered about it. And really liked them. A search will bring it up.

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    14 bolt(Detroited),10 bolt,39.5 Boggers rear,
    TSLs front, 468 BBC, 350 trans, 205 transfer
    Rust free in Michigan!

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I'm in the same boat, I've been researching this for about 3 months. Not many people run these on trucks that see a lot of off road flex coupled with a little daily driving, mostly just jacked too high asphault only trucks or dedicated mud runners.

I started with nothing and I still have most of that left! - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.echobit.com:81/k5/> Pictures</a>

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Iv seen them discussed on the pirate board quite a bit.I like the looks of them.Never seen them on a full size though.

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

5. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Hey FrizzleFry, The Green F*rd on the cover of The Janurary issue of FourWheeler has a set on it, Looks alright, They just peek outside his fenders, Could be a good choice for someplace that's picky about fender flare laws, Mud flaps etc. And of course shalow mud pits[​IMG].

I am the hunter Who live's in the darkness, And grows through your fears...... And you are the hunted.

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i think they would be too narrow for mud. I am stuck in the same boat as you. i want boggers but want to run 38.5x14.5 so i am stuck with swampers, ground hawgs or SX's

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

7. big75jimmy

big75jimmy Registered Member

A lot of mud racers run these in my area.

8. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

As I said, I liked them at the time.
    They were light so that the 305 I had back then could turn them no prob. They cut throught the mud nicely cause they were skinny. They don't stick out of the fenders ( pizza cutters).

Mind you- I prefer my 44" boggers I now have [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.whiteknight.scriptmania.com/>http://www.whiteknight.scriptma
    nia.com
    </a>