Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

383 block work costs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pismorat, May 23, 2005.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I am about to order up a 383 rotating assembly. I haven't found any good information about how much the block work will cost though (boring, align honing, clearancing...) I have called some local shops, but no one will give me an answer, they want to see it first. I am just trying to figure out if I can afford going 383 or should just go with a 350. Thanks.

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine owns a local performance machine shop and can likely give you some numbers. Hell, he may be able to do the work and ship it out there cheaper than having it done local to you.

His name is Dicus and he is one of the most honest and is THE BEST automotive machinist I know.

If you want his number, shoot me a pm and I will give it to you.

dp

3. Frickenwirthles

Frickenwirthles Registered Member

I think NAPA's machine shop wanted close to 800 bucks for my 383, but I found a guy that did it for 500-600 bucks (sorry, don't have exact number on me). That included cam bearings, freeze plugs, clearancing, decking, boreing 30 over, etc.....

In all, depending on what all you want/need, budget between 500-800 bucks.