Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

383 stroker kit

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lizard, May 18, 2002.

1. lizard

lizard 1/2 ton status

Anybody ever deal with www.enginekits.com (powerhouse)? The prices look good but is the parts worth anything :-)

TIA

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

I think u would be better off peicing it together urself. if i was u, i would go with all forged stuff. that way u actually get more out of it and know that if ya ever wanna supe it up with NOS or somethin, u got the parts

NITRO

3. lizard

lizard 1/2 ton status

ya. eet lookz like this is to be tru. forged stuff makes for good feeling. and 6.0 rod be nice tu.

4. swamp donkey

swamp donkey 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a first gen blazer, and one of them says it has a 383 Stroker.. GREAT! but what is that? Can some one tell me what a stroker is and why I may or may not want one?

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

A 383 stroker is a 400 small block chevy crank in a 350 sbc block. better power down low where a full size normaly runs.

6. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

Go to a local machine shop that you can trust. You'll need to get some machine work done anyway and you may want them to assemble the short block for you (saves buying some specialized tools). Since most machine shops worth their salt have done a 383 in their past, they'd know the best components to use with your budget and intended use. They can usually get the parts that match your profile for wholesale prices.