Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

38's and lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zack, Mar 12, 2000.

1. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

38\'s and lift?

Okay heres the situation.. I am buying some 38x15R15 Gumbo Mudders... Will they fit alright on a 15x8 rim? Also I only have a 3" body lift on my rig as of yet. How much will I have to cut my fenders to get them to fit? I dont' mind cutting the front fenders cause I have 2 sets of fenders, I just don't wanna cut my rear quarters. Do I have to? I really don't wanna have to , but the front I am willing to cut no prob. Let me know.

Thanks for your help

Zack Carlson
    carlson@shabnet.com

No I am still not done with my frame up resto!! Soon i swear!

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Re: 38\'s and lift?

Zack,

First you will need a minimum of 10" wide rim preferable to have a 12" wide rim for a 15" wide tire. I had 10" wide rims with my 40X14.5X15 DC Mud Country tires and they really bulged in the sidewalls. Second a 3" body lift is O.K. if you want to take out your inner front fender wells and cut large amounts out of the front fenders. In the rear you will have alot more cutting to do. If you add a 4" suspension lift to your body lift there would be much less to cut. Something to think about before you shell out the money for the tires. If you don't have any suspension articulation at all then you might be able to fit them but I don't think they will even fit then.

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

3. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

Re: 38\'s and lift?

Thanks Dave for the response I don't think I am gonna get them becuase I just thought of something. They are for 15 inch rims so I wouldn't be able to use my 3/4 ton axles with these rims and if I installed them on my current axles I would have no acceleration becuase they are 3.08's. So its a lose/lose situation. Oh well back to square one. Anyone got any 35x12.5 R16.5 for sale?

Zack Carlson

No I am still not done with my frame up resto!! Soon i swear!