Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

39.5 boggers on stock H1's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GRAYTEXK5, Jul 24, 2006.

1. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

hey guys, I recently got some H1 beadlocks...and I'm wanting to run 39.5x18x16.5 boggers. my question is, will these fit on the narrow H1s, or are they too wide? anyone have pics of a setup like this? I know I've seen 39.5", 42", and probably even 44" TSLs on them...but I know they're not quite as wide either, and I don't think quite as stiff? I think I remember something similar to this being asked before, and I did try a search, but...well, ya know...that was, less than successful. these will be going on a K5 that won't be a DD, but will be driven on the street some, if that makes any difference. again, pics would be great. thanks in advance.

John

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

which rims are you using, early style 8 stud with mag run-flat or later 12 stud rims with rubber runflat ? some guys say the early mag style run flat will pinch the bead on 40" + tires if you don't cut it down. I run the later style rubber insert in a 38.5 tsl without a problem. I have never tried a mag insert

3. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

these are the 8 bolt style. if need be, I can always go with aftermarket beadlock inserts, if that's gonna be the only problem. I just wanted to know if the width of those boggers will be too much for that narrow rim.

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

some people on here run stock h1's with 44 boggers. you should be alright. 18s are hella wide tho. hopefully they will chime in

5. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status