Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

39.5 IROK's and lift height???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skelly1, Aug 5, 2005.

1. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

If I get a set of 39.5 Iroks, what's a good lift height to go with it? Currently I have 4" springs all the way around. Not happy with the fronts because they are a 1/4" narrower than they should be, and they are stiff as hell. I figured I would do an ORD shackle flip in the rear and then a new set of good springs for the front, but I'm not sure how far to go. If I did a 2.5" shackle flip, reused my rear 4" springs, and got 6" lift springs for the front, would that suffice or should I try to get 8" total? I already have to trim the front fenders anyways, so that's no big deal. I remember hearing that 39.5's aren't truly that tall anyways???

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I say put them on with your 4" lift but use a 4" shackle flip and put stock 52s up front to move the axle away from the firewall and then :hack: and :grind:

3. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Not sure exactly what you mean. Not to change the subject here, but what if I used the ORD zero rates, then moved the front axle forward a bit? So, in other words, it would theoretically be a 5" lift, will 39.5's still fit with some trimming?

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

yes the 39.5's are 39.5in at least mine are. i run mine on a 2.5in lift with lots of trimming :D