Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

39.5 TSL fitment and suspension question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88jimmyoungowner, Oct 9, 2002.

1. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

ok, we have an 81 blazer with a 6 inch lift, blocks in the rear. i want to fit 39.5 TSL's without triming past the inner fender. i also want to get rid of the blocks in the rear. how can i do this cost efficiently and effectivly? i know this subject has been beaten to death but i want to know because there is too much info on the subject to sort through. im not asking for opinions on how large of a ter or anything, just how much lift/trim and how should i get rid of the blocks?

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

both the links in my Signiture. that is exactly how you do it. no other way with the peramiters you set.

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I run a 3" bodylift along with my 6" and my 39.5's. I have a little trimming and I haven't rubbed yet but I'm sure if I tried to flex it out that it would rub the inners.

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

with flex i had to trim a 6" to fit 35's---im just about to stuff 39.5's or 42's---i dont think there is any way out of cutting the inner fenderwells

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Hopefully Boss will chime in on this but I believe his has about 4 1/2" suspention and a 1" body lift with 39.5's. I am getting mine ready for 39.5's with just 5" suspention lift and some minor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif trimming. I am going to get rid of the inner fenders up front and probably modify the rear wheelwells. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

When I ran 6" with 39's, I had to trim the inner fender up to the bolts and cut the lower back to the bottom bolt. Removed the swaybar and it hit under the most twisted areas.

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i misread the question.

yes, get rid of the blocks. if you all ready have 6" fronts, a shackle flip rear (ORD, Springer, Home-Brew, etc.) and soft rear spring will do alot.

Extended front shackles from ORD move the axle forward a bit, and smooth out the ride.

If you are REALLY rubbing, then try a body lift.

8. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

so if i trim to the inner fender, do two inch springs, and ORD shackles, and zero rate add a leaves, then it will fit? i am trying to figure this out so that i can not have worrries when i do the axle swap and the tire swap. thanks.