Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

39.5 x 18 boggers with 39.5 15 swampers ???? does anyone do this

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pilgrim, May 20, 2002.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

I want to run 39.5 x 18" . 16.5 boggers in the back of my 85 burb, while running 39.5 x 15" . 16.5 swampers in the front. I think this would work great. you'd have no problems with turning and hitting in the front and lots of width and floation in the back. plus it might handle better on the road, with the swamper rather than having all boggers. and i think i would try and center the front in the middle of the rear, as to provide some kind of centering affect / good side biteing, when going through mud or snow. is anyone doing this? i've seen it before in the mags. and i don't mind carrying two spares either. thanks

2. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

That's a great idea I think. That is the exact same setup I'm going with. I'm getting them next week. I'll let you know how they handle or if you get em before me, let me know.

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I have seen people do it. A good buddy ran 36x12.50 TSLs in the front and 35x16 boggers in ther rear before he got his 39's. I think you only need one spare because the will be the same height.

4. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

It is a good idea. Saves on the front end wear also. I ran this on my Jeep. I really liked it. Check out a picture at my website.

Ken H.

5. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Registered Member

i have seen many people do this for mud. the guys that i talked to said that because the back of the vehicle is lighter, they wanted something with more bite to dig in. as for the front, they said that they broke too many parts with the boggers, thats why they went with tsl's.

6. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

Ok I have 38.5x16 TSLs. Do yall think i could run them on the front and 39.5 boggers on the back. Do yall think a 1 inch difference between the front and rear would be too much or not.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I think 1" is too much.

8. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

You need to measure them and see what the true height is, might be closer then you think??

9. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

ya thats true but the TSLs already have some wear on em also so im not sure.

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

you might check out the ACTUAL height of these tires mounted on the rims. You might be surprised...it may be more or less than 1".

On dirt I dont think you'd have much prob. But on dry pavement, 1" or over might be pretty rough on equipment.