Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3rd Party Observation

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4by4bygod, Dec 23, 2006.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Mudhog.. you should have given all of the details in your initial post, that way, nothing looks shady, and you don't arouse suspicions on the part of those who are the leadership of the CK5 family.. your initial post said zilch about your brother, cereberal palsy, the IRS, or wage garnishment..the lesson is, when you ask for money, you gotta tell people everything, so people can make a choice to help you or not..

in situations like this, when new information keeps coming out after people agree to help you, it can make some people doubt you.. you can be the most honest person on the planet, but appearances matter.. I'm not saying you need to kiss anyones hind end, but you should realize the protective nature of Paul is something you should account for before you solicit the brotherhood, and expect some scrutiny..

And it's not too late to set up an IRS payment plan.. all you have to do is have them send you a form, send them "something", and you even get to pick how much you can pay each month.. I know, I've done it.

And Paul, don't quit.. everyone who donated did so on the basis of wanting to help..nobody put a gun to their head, and if the donors feel duped after the fact, there are steps they can take..regardless of who the money ultimately helps, or how it helps them, the net effect would be keeping the old truck, which is what the donors wanted to see happen anyway.

Maybe for next time it could be CK5 policy to not allow begging threads.

ok, I'm done with the UN peacekeeping post..

Tom

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think posts asking for money should be strictly prohibited.

I wouldn't ask anyone for anything unless Myself or someone close to me was very desperate (life or death). Losing a truck sucks, but everyone still lives.

Again, "begging for money posts" should be prohibited, regardless if people are willing to give or not.

3. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

the way i see it, a truck can be replaced, the trust of the people here cannot, and some people see it as their trust was betrayed or they were misled, but i dont, as the post was so far a long by the time i finished reading it, i had all the facts about it, and i would still be willing to help, if i could, and if i can in the coming weeks, i will...

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I could not agree more. And yes, I sent $$. No reason to make it worse.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

X Million.

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I don't know about that. Firefighter184 set up a donation deal for a college fund for two girls (?) who's father was killed fighting a fire. I even chipped in for that one. :dunno: Some causes are legit, some aren't.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, I don't think we should all-out ban threads like that, but we should learn to ask for more detail if it's not provided before jumping in and sending money.

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what ever i didnt say in the original post is on the website that is linked i thought between the 2 it was covered. if it was not clear i am sorry. i never ment to offend anyone or anything:( :(

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

So if someone who sent money feels like they were lied to and asks for their donation back will you return it or keep it?

10. mudhog

if they wanted it back i would send it back

11. mudhog

this was never ment to make me money it was to save my dad from having to sell his truck

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Shannon, I think in order for this to die, you should just send all the money back to each person who paid to your little "thing".

Sorry to say, the damage has already been done. Not even sending money back, or keeping it, will change anything now. I'm just voicing my opinion on what you should do to "save face".

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yes i thought that was legit, and a good reason, i sent money also