Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

3rd row seat in a 99 yukon?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cbbr, Feb 16, 2007.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

A guy in my office has a 99 yukon. No 3rd row apparent. Someone told him that some of the 99's came with the brackets under the carpet and that he could use a Suburban 3rd row. Anyone ever hear of this?

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I know that when we were looking at 01 tahoes (in 01 when they were new) we looked at some that didn't have the 3rd row seats, and you could feel the attachment points under the carpet. So, on those years it would be easy to swap in some 3rd row seats (I would think), but I would think only the 3rd row seats of that vintage would work. They're actually two split seats vs. a small bench.

I'm not familiar with what the 99's had though. But again, I would think the seat(s) would have to come from s sub of that vintage range. I can't even remember what exact body style the 99's had. The same as an 01? I know my buddy's 99 K2500 was the same body as our 01 Tahoe.

3. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

99's didn't have any 3rd row offered. 01 (i forget if 00 for tahoes too) offered them, so if you didn't have option , you could prolly add them.

There is some goofy aftermarket rear facing 3rd row you can add though....i saw it in performanceproducts catalog.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Goofy might be fine for him. How do the seatbelts attach?

5. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

its a self contained unit...thats all i know. I haven't looked into it....jsut remember seeing it.

6. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

My wife's '99 Yukon has the attachment points on the floor. The 3rd row seat was an option but trying to locate a used one is damn near impossible (trust me, I've tried). When I looked into ordering a new one through the dealer about 4 years ago, the price was almost $2000 IIRC.