Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4:1 conversion for my 203........or something similar for an upgrade

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Jun 4, 2002.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

OK, getting ready for the conversion this fall to 1 ton and want to find a kit for what I have, do they make one and how much 4:1 or something close, how difficult are they to install. of course the doubler is an option but would rather convert my 203.....always up for change though /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

It is a 1,000 plus your front half as a core. They have to machine the case to make it fit. I believe the company is Wagoneer Machine or something like that.

Dan

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

4. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

its only 3.6, but for a grand im not sure its worth it, Id go with a double better gear selection and it might be cheaper but i dont know much about the cost for the doubler.

5. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I heard that they have switched to 3.1:1 due to clearance issues with Ford cases. With a Doubler, you would have 2 choices for low. The cost for a Doubler with driveshaft mods will probably run more than the Wagoner conversion. But, you would have more options, including 2 wheel low.