Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4.3 running like crap... '99 ZR2 Blazer

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by TruckNutzDude, Jun 9, 2005.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I've been noticing my engine has been losing large amounts of power, it idles high sometimes, surges and hessitates when accelerating. Is this the EGR valve or could there be something else going wrong? There is no check engine light and sometimes it will ping a little under hard throttle. I've got to figure this out, the gas mileage is killing me!

2. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

i had the same problem with my 2000, try cleaning the injectors seem to help alot with mine but sometime it does idle high. also try a new fuel filter

3. TruckNutzDude

I cleaned the EGR valve and installed new plugs and it's quite a bit better. I haven't had time to crawl under there and put it in, but I have a new fuel filter. Next is wires, cap and rotor. I almost doubled my mileage by changing the plugs and cleaning the EGR!!! :thumb:

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

How many miles this thing have on it? My 99 Jimmy pings when I use the regular here in Denver (85 octane) Mid grade is 87 octane here. Maybe I need to clean some stuff up.

5. TruckNutzDude

Mine has 71,000 miles on it but it was pinging and running like crap at 60,000