Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4.3L TBI on a 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LazMcSwaz, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LazMcSwaz

LazMcSwaz Registered Member

Apparently you're able to use a TBI system from a 4.3L V6 on a 5.7L 350. My friend just dumped a 350 in his 4runner and has wicked problems stalling going up steep inclines. We've tried going to pick a part and getting a TBI system off a 350, but they're always picked dry by the time we get there, or so rotted and old there's no real use to them anymore. Does anyone know of any good websites that would show how to do this?

Apparently its possible, and my friend doesn't have the internet up there, so he was asking if I could get some info on it for him.

2. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

i think its possible to put the tbi off a 4.3 on to a 350 tbi intake....u may need to change injectors to a more poundage per hr injector. if the computer is new enuff it may could be reproggramed to tell it to spray longer?not sure..good question

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

parts needed to function on 350v8 = v8 dist / 350 chip / 350 knock sensor / 350 injectors.

4. LazMcSwaz

ok, so you mean you need the dist, chip, knock sensor and tbi injector off a tbi 350?

Does anyone have a link to a website that has a breakdown on how to do this?

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Replacing those is all straight out of your manual. Nothing unusual about it. If his motor accepts the TBI manifold it'll be an easy job. I assume you've taken into acount fuel lines, fuel pump, return line etc and are using all other sensors for ECU funtion from the V6? Wiring will need a bit of tweeking too.

6. LazMcSwaz

yeah, its already wired with an electric fuel pump, and we know about the return line. I'm really quite clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff, so when you mean the wiring will need a bit of tweaking, what exactly are you refering too?

We were thinking that we'd just be picking up the entire 4.3L wiring harness, and throttle body, then wiring it all up like a 350 would be wired for TBI.

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i did this exact thing, 4.3 TBI on a 350. i think the only thing we had to do to the harness was lengthen the knock sensor wire. the KS location on the 4.3 is not available on the 350. i put in on the coolant drain plug on the driverside. i also lengthened the o2 sensor wire so its easier to get to the plug to replace it, it was not necessary though.

the 4.3L and 350 knock sensors are the same part#, but the ESC module on the intake/firewall (depending what model its pulled off) is different between the two motors.