Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4.5" Backspacing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by daleearnhardt01, Mar 5, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

4.5\" Backspacing

Hey guys, dumb question I know but just want to find out. I got some 17x8 Alum wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing. Any trouble going to be had puttin em on my 3/4ton 10 bolt? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Re: 4.5\" Backspacing

I'm not sure what stock backspacing is, but the wheels I'm getting tomorrow (Hopefully) are running 2.5" backspacing. I'm pretty sure that 4.5 is stock. Problem with mine is that the 33's rub in the rear inner wheel well under flex. 2.5 will push them out a couple of inches and eliminate that inner rub. Sounds like we're running similar rigs, stock suspension and 33s. Just my .02, and remember, I am an internationally known, nationally certified, locally respected dumbass. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Yeah these wheels are 8 lug /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Cant wait till summer when the truck will have a growth spurt and sport some 37s...

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Bought the wheels today, dropped 'em off at the shop where my top end got rebuilt and my cams got better. I headed to the firehouse after that (two blocks away) and 5 minutes later, we got got called to the shop for a party that collapsed. My buddy Jerry, the guy who owns the place, had a heart attack! He was conscious and talking, but man was he sick. We got him to the hospital and now it's in their hands (and God's). I hope he's OK! I've never worked on somebody I know before, and I hope I never have to again.