Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 and 5 point harness questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Aug 8, 2005.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have been looking to buy harness's for my new seats and I'm pretty sure of what i want but they are expensive :doah: of course I dont want to buy junk and hurt one of my kids, so are there any companies to stay away from and any place to get a good deal on good quality. Please dont say Summit or Jegs, I'v gone cross eyed looking at them :crazy:

2. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You can get the harness on pirate for $49 each shipped and for seats I really like my PRP seats.

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I cant remember if you have a cage or not. If not, stick with the stock belts. If you have a cage, go with the 4 points. You can get them cheap thorugh pirate or some Crow's(made by Red Art who makes Beard seats) from Poly Performance....

4. sapper

I have the seats and the cage is just about to start. thanks guys I'll check on pirate

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Paul, I got mine from Summit. part#RCI-9210B but those are about $65 each. There thick and heavy but do the trick. I mostly just use my lap belts without the shoulder harness unless I'm doing something really crazy. Mine are also a PITA to latch all 5 points. Ebay has cheap sets for $35 that are made out of stock seat belt material with push button latches.

6. sapper

I found the ones on pirate and they look pretty good, I will prolly order a couple tonite and see, thanks everyone

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Yep those are the ones I will be getting, I have heard they are the same quality as the Crow ones.

8. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

get on a drag racing site and ask around for used ones. IHRA and NHRA both have regulations that only allow them to run a seat belt for so long then they are obsolete (for them at least). Ya they are older but not like we are going 200 mph. i got mine for free!!! and they are like new.

9. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nascar is the same way I have two sets on my shelf that I can't use and are only date old.