Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 arrested in Berg beheading

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigyellowjimmy, May 19, 2004.

1. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Now we just need Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and the party will be complete. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Im thinking a good ole 5 party public hanging in Baghdad would be appropriate. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

"GLOBAL JIHAD
    Report: 4 arrested
    in Berg beheading
    Iraqi source says al-Zarqawi
    not among people in custody

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: May 18, 2004
    12:15 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Four people have been arrested in connection with the beheading of American businessman Nicholas Berg, according to a senior Iraqi source.

Video showed slaying of Nicholas Berg.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the al-Qaida-linked Jordanian terrorist believed to be in a video of the slaying, is not among the four in custody, the source indicated to Agence France-Presse.

Shortly after Berg's body was found May 8, a website affiliated with al-Qaida posted a grainy video of him being beheaded, apparently in revenge for abuse of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. forces.

The tape of Berg's killing, entitled, "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi slaughtering an American," showed five masked men. The CIA believes one, who read a statement and carried out the beheading, was al-Zarqawi.

The Iraqi source declined to give details of the four in detention, but said, "We have made good progress."

Berg, a Jewish American, was buried Friday in a private ceremony near his Pennsylvania home. His father, an antiwar activist, has blamed the death on President Bush.

As WorldNetDaily reported, a translator and expert in Islam and the Quran believes the Arabic message accompanying the video images is a "how-to" training tape for the murder of non-Muslims by other terrorists around the globe.

The man in the video believed to be al-Zarqawi read a statement before using a large knife to decapitate Berg. As he killed him, the men shouted, ""Allahu Akbar!" or "God is great." The terrorists then held the head out to be seen by the camera.

This statement was read by the killers on the video:

"For the mothers and wives of American soldiers, we tell you that we offered the U.S. administration to exchange this hostage with some of the detainees in Abu Ghraib [prison] and they refused.

"So we tell you that the dignity of the Muslim men and women in Abu Ghraib and others is not redeemed except by blood and souls. You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins ... slaughtered in this way."

The statement also included: "Nation of Islam, is there any excuse left to sit idly by? And how can free Muslims sleep soundly as they see Islam being slaughtered, honor bleeding, photographs of shame and reports of Satanic degradation of the people of Islam, men and women, in Abu Ghraib prison?"

2. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Wow, they are completely insane /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

didn't someone say that the 5th person they believed to be Abu Musab, wasn't because he died months ago?

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I did some searching last night and found a recurring theme. There are quite a few people who beleive Nick Berg was already dead when they removed his head. In the video he doesn't even flinch a little as the knife first touches his neck and the screaming doesn't seem to match up well. There is also a distinct lack of blood, if hios heart was still beating there should have been a lot of blood when the carotid artery and jugular viens were severed.

I'll admit I downloaded the video /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif and it is gory and brutal. One thing I noticed was a discreptancy with the time stamp. It starts out at 2:39 or so and follows chonologically for about four and a half minutes...then the time stamp jumps to 13:xx as they behead him.

I hope he was dead before the butchering started.

Rene

5. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too Rene. Its an aweful thing regardless.

6. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    didn't someone say that the 5th person they believed to be Abu Musab, wasn't because he died months ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent heard about this /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I would like to believe he was already dead, but I did see a significant amount of blood. I definitely think he was at least sedated. And I noticed that time stamp also, I'm not really sure what to think, maybe thy changed the battery?

Doesn't matter, they're f**cking savages anyway. I hope these four are executed in a timely manner.

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I havent heard about this /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Where you been...under a rock?? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. bigyellowjimmy

If you read the entire post you'll see I was referring to this quote...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and no I havent been under a rock and no I still havent heard this, you? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

Death by human pin-yata (However its spelled)

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I saw the video too, Rene, and the first thing I thought when they started cutting was that Nick is a tough sumbitch since he didn't move around at all....I believe he was already dead... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

seen it too, I'd agree he was dead before it happened.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Im thinking a good ole 5 party public hanging in Baghdad would be appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ] Im thinking a good ole 5 party public beheading in Baghdad would be more appropriate, and post it all over the internet !!!!

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I know I post kind of peacable questioning things on most war threads, but, really, bring em over, I'll carve on them

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Im thinking a good ole 5 party public beheading in Baghdad would be more appropriate, and post it all over the internet !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i've got a butter knife, where do i sign up?

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I did some searching last night and found a recurring theme. There are quite a few people who beleive Nick Berg was already dead when they removed his head. In the video he doesn't even flinch a little as the knife first touches his neck and the screaming doesn't seem to match up well. There is also a distinct lack of blood, if hios heart was still beating there should have been a lot of blood when the carotid artery and jugular viens were severed.

I'll admit I downloaded the video /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif and it is gory and brutal. One thing I noticed was a discreptancy with the time stamp. It starts out at 2:39 or so and follows chonologically for about four and a half minutes...then the time stamp jumps to 13:xx as they behead him.

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, dead before it started.

This whole thing stinks though. The killer's hands are pasty white, and experts have said that their posture is, "Western." Also, their arabic is so sketchy it's debatable as to whether or not it is their #1 language. Oh yeah, and that orange suit? It's an american prison jumpsuit.

THIS WHOLE THING STINKS!! I'm not so sure it was terrorists, Iraqis, or even muslims at all......

17. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I say we stone them to death like in the old days!! Ive got a few choice rocks that could do some serious brutal damage..

18. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Trust me, that is NOT an American prison jumpsuit. If you look closely, it's made of polyester or silk, it's all shiny. Watch out for the black helicopters...

19. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would like to believe he was already dead

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows wtf they actually did to him before they did it. He could have been so broken he didn't care this was going on. He might have welcomed dying to end their game and torture. I can't even imagine what they may have resulted too and decided to try on him.

20. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I would like to believe he was already dead

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows wtf they actually did to him before they did it. He could have been so broken he didn't care this was going on. He might have welcomed dying to end their game and torture. I can't even imagine what they may have resulted too and decided to try on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't explain the lack of blood.

Another thing ocurred to me...the screaming just doesn't jive. You would think Nick would be yelling 'stop', 'no', obscenities...not just wailing lke an arab woman. Sounds like a bad sound track to me.

Rene