Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 barrel intake for my tbi

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bscappell, Oct 9, 2004.

1. bscappell

bscappell Registered Member

hey guys,

i was wanting to know your opinion on this setup for my crate 350 tbi. i want to use a 4 barrel power+plus cross wind intake with a tbi that i got bored out and added a regulator to. i found a 4 barrel to tbi plate for the intake, although the holes for the tbi over lap the the top of the intake, i plan to dremmel out the amount that does over lap at an angle to make it as smooth of a incline as possible without sacraficing the integrity of the intake walls. i am gonna use a higher volume fuel pump for this so i can use all of its potental.

anyone see any problems, anyone seen this before? most are probably thinking why do all this when you can buy a holly tbi intake or something like that. those intakes just do not look high performance enough for me. let me know your thoughts.

thanks,

brandt

email if u want to bscappell@aol.com

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif washington

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

actually lots of people do this. I am doing it on my TBI Rig. I am just using an Edelbrock Performer manifold I have. A 2" bored 454 throttle body, high pressure fuel pump, regulator. Should be good and breath way better than a stock or I bet a Holley intake. I'd also dremmel down the center divider of the intake. I'm not sure if the Power Plus manifold is like that already or not. It allows the motor to breath from both throttle bores at high throttle/RPM. I don't mean mill it all the way down to the intake floors, just an inch or so with a nice radius on it so the motor can breath a little more.

3. bscappell

cool thanks for the advise, just wanted to make sure i am not crazy for doing this

4. bscappell

anyone else think of anyhting that could be wrong or any advise, good chip maker that could make a chip for this for a good price?

thanks,

brandt

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif washington

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status