Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" BS 15" wheel on a Front 60 ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by parts bitch, Jul 6, 2004.

1. parts bitch

parts bitch Registered Member

4\" BS 15\" wheel on a Front 60 ?

4" BS 15" Steel wheel on a Front Chevy D60 ?

Will it work ?
    Im sure there was a post about this... but i couldnt find it.

Im sure someone has done it, what is required ? Any help would be very helpful, or even a link to a post or writeup would be awesome.

Thanks Guys

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: 4\" BS 15\" wheel on a Front 60 ?

I've got 4.5 BS on my 60, 15" wheels. Just requires plenty of grinding is all. There is a write up in the tech section of the CK5 mainpage.

3. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

4.25" BS on mine. Gentlemen. Start your grinders!! /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

4. parts bitch

parts bitch Registered Member

Thanks... found it http://coloradok5.com/d60calipergrind.shtml

/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Yep. I have 4.125" BS on a 10bolt. I had to grind ALOT. I can't imagine what it would be like on a D60. I hope your grinder has a warranty or is cheap cause you might need a new one after that nightmare is over. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Harley

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My Milwaukee still works fine after the project. 4.25" on D60 front here. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I've got the cheapest POS HF grinder you can find, and it did both sides of my D60 for 4.25" bs along with frame mods, cage, floors, skid plate, random bits-n-pieces, welding table and cart, 20' of really heavy shelves with integral steel racks, my son's boat-side, and on and on... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I wrote that article and it's really not all that bad. Not exactly a "good time", but all in all not what I would consider a rotten time either. Worst part is the dust. I just put a 60 gallon fuel tank in my tow rig last Sunday that was bought as a "complete bolt-in kit" and it was more trouble than putting 15s on my D60. I guess "hard" is a relative thing, but if you follow the article, you should be done in a few hours using less than one full 4.5" x 1/4" stone.