Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 core 81-up diesel rad and brackets

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Mar 17, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

4 core diesel auto trans radiator and upper brackets that i dont need- anyone interested in any ?
    are for 81-up 2wd trucks blazers burbs

thanks.

this was accidental post on this board, i just now noticed its on wrong board, i meant it for the parts board, i had too many windows running all at once again, this darned DSL connection, jeez! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif sorry /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

PM me if you still have it. I'd like more details. I'll be needing one eventually.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    PM me if you still have it. I'd like more details. I'll be needing one eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

am sending PM
    thanks

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

for anyone else possibly interested: this is auto trans diesel radiator, has the larger tranny cooler line threaded ports for the aluminum style cooler lines, not the common 5/16" steel line ports like on gas engine setups.
    has a little calcium deposit inside but not a lot, would be easy hot tank boil out at local shop like 20 or 25 bucks for them to do that
    usually.

thanks

5. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

No truck yet, so I can't jump on this, but how hard would it be to fit this radiator (or one like it) to a pre-81 truck?

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

rad same 73-87,. but not the brackets

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

There *are* two different diameter radiator hoses, so in some cases you have to make sure of that before buying the radiator or hoses. Not sure if that was a GM deal (like maybe I6 vs. 454 for instance?) or just some aftermarket goof up.

Some of the aftermarket radiators come with the fitting for the hose in the larger size, but necked down to fit both sizes.

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

depends, some 6 cyl and some 305 are smaller hose but not many, most all v8 rads are common large hose, these on the diesel rad are same as any 350 rad, etc. thats not really an issue/problem commonly run into and you could just go to store and get smaller or bigger hose for certain applications if you did run into the hose size problem