Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 Core Radiator Conversion help...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by waxer@work, Aug 26, 2000.

1. waxer@work

waxer@work Registered Member

I currently have a 2 core radiator in my 74 K5 w/350. I have overheating problems and I heard about the 4 core radiator upgrade. I recently purchased the Big 4 Core Radiator that is made for the 454 engine. I have heard how some of you had to upgrade the upper Radiator support. Does anyone have the part # for that upper support? Or if now part number, does anyone know which vehicle I need to tell the dealer I have to get the right support? Thanks in advance.

2. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

If it's a stock replacement radiator it should bolt into place. You just move the upper brackets to the outer set of holes already in the core support. That was all I had to do on my 1985.

Steve Frisbie

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

The only thing that I had to change was the brackets that hold the top of the radiator in place. I took them out of a truck that had a four cour in the first place. The four cor is wider than the stock one

[​IMG]