Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 core radiator problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88k5blazin, Mar 17, 2007.

1. 88k5blazin

88k5blazin 1/2 ton status

got a four core radiator for an 88 k5 and went to bolt it in and the passenger side mount did not line up with the stock bolt holes. anyone know if any fab work is required or am i over lookin something. thanks in advance

2. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Post up a pic and someone here can help. Fab work should not be required. You must remember, all new aftermarket radiators are made in either Mexico or China now, so God only knows what you got if you went that way.
    Jimbo

3. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Mine pretty much slid right in, I'll have to go see if I did anything special to it.

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

My 4 row into an '85 Burb didn't fit accross the top. I used zip-ties. The fan shroud needed fudge too.

5. oh-zj-io

oh-zj-io Registered Member

I just did this and I had to slightly cut the 'opening', on the passenger side, of the top bar that holds the radiator to get mine to line up. Once I did that it slipped on and lined up fine. Like was posted before, the aftermarket radiators will probably NOT be direct bolt in fits. Expect a little messing around. The main thing is, if you get it solidly installed and the shroud fits, you're gold.

Al