Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 Door Blazer Idea

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by militaryblazer, Nov 14, 2000.

1. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

I wonder how hard it would be to take a suburban and cut the back off and put a Blazer hard top or soft top on it. I think it would make an interesting creation. A 4 door Blazer with a removable top, and more wheelbase.

2. I guess you would call it a K5 Tahoe.

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I would like to see a full-convertable Suburban. Now that would be cool</font color=blue>

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Have you ever seen the Fords done up like this? Some shop (no clue who) was apparantly in the business of making 4-Dr. Broncos. They had the normal Bronco front end and rear end, but in the middle was an extra set of doors. They looked factory and wore "Bronco" badges on the front quarters. I have seen two of them in my life, both were an early 80's to early 90's body style. I've heard them called "Ford Suburbans," but I'm sure that can't be an official name. Weird, but intriguing.

Do I have to be kicked off now for saying the "B" word and the "F" word?

"They tell me that you can make it to work without big tires. I'm still not convinced."

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

There used to be one around my neighborhood, but I haven't seen it in a while. There was one in Four Wheeler's Project MPG. I think its called a Ford Centurion or something, and my guess is a conversion made them.

You could call it a K5 Suburban

90K5

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I also vote to see a Full Convertable Suburban! I would trade a finger for it.

7. militaryblazer

I don't really want to use the F-word but... There used to be a 4 door bronco running around my area that had front straight axle and a diesel.

8. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

There is a white one around here in the North Austin area. Ford Bronco badges, solid axle in it up front and it had the removable top.. That's the only one I've seen. I was told a place in North Texas does the conversions.

It's better to have it than to need it, than to need it and not have it !!!!

9. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

There's one one of those Bronco conversions around my neighborhood. I don't have anything against Bronc's (long as I don't have to work on 'em, haha) but those conversions look like crap compared to Suburbans. As for a convertible Suburban, I see them all the time down in Ouray and Silveton Colorado. Most of the four wheel tour places run Suburbans with chopped tops down there.

Call my rig an SUV... And I'll tear your lungs out.

10. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

11. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>They were regular Ford Broncos that were built by a company called Centurion by cutting them in half and splicing in a section from a crew cab pickup I think. Centurion makes conversion vehicles for Ford. Now they make conversion vans and conversion F250 super dutys. Some of them are really cool. Its a Canadian thing mostly, they were too hard to get past CAFE and NTSB I suppose. All but 1 that I have seen had Canadian plates on it.

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

The company is called Centurion Conversions. My brother has one. I call it the <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=blue>S</font color=blue><font color=red>S</font color=red>-<font color=blue>F</font color=blue><font color=red>1</font color=red><font color=blue>5</font color=blue><font color=red>0</font color=red> because its so long [​IMG] There is a yellow, white, and blue one in the 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers - Superlift Ad in Fourwheeler and Petersons 4Wheel and Off-road Magazines.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

13. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i work at a canoe and kayak shop and i went out to put a canoe ontop of a car it was one of those f**d 4 door br-ncos but it didnt say that it jsut said like f350 power stroke and it didnt even have a place for a 3rd seat so i think they are trucks w/ like a factory camper on it. i might be wrong... jsut an observation

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    "DONT BE PROUD IF IT AINT LOUD!"

14. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Biggray71 is right they make van conversions also.In Aspen there was a Ford F-350 with six doors.It was a dually also so this thing was huge!!I have seen a Sub built into a pickup once.The back behind the rear door was closed off and the side were capped like a truck bed rail.There also was a six door Sub around for a while.It was like a mid 70's model looked cool.I still want to put a crewcab on a Sub frame with a short little flatbed on it for towing.Brady

'73Beautiful Disaster http://beautifuldisaster.coloradok5.com

15. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Hey I've seen a 6 or 8 door Sub around here. Its also from the mid to late 70's and its white with green in the middle. I think there is a plain white one around here too.

90K5

16. militaryblazer

One day I was browsing for Blazers on E-Bay and found a suburban limo with dually fenders on it. It had 8 doors on the outside but on the inside it had a big wrap-around love seat kind of thing. I thought the whole thing was kind of ugly but maybe 'cause it was a 2wd that sat at factory height.

'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires

17. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

One of the desert tours companies here in AZ cut the top off of a Suburban and put an awning over it. It's lifted a little and looks pretty kool.
    CB

18. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have seen one of these and it had a Expedition badge on it, but I think that was the company who did the conversion.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

19. greybeard

greybeard Registered Member

Back in the early 80s (81 or 82 I think) my Dad built one of those 4 door Broncos for a guy. I remember it well. I was home from college (Christmas break) and he had me doing some work on the frame. He made it from a wrecked Ford crew cab and a Bronco that the guy dragged to Dad's shop. It was the only one he ever made. Years later I saw the Centurion version. I don't know if they still make them or not.

20. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

something sort of like this???:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]