Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 door k30 pickup doors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OffRoadOhio, Mar 13, 2003.

1. OffRoadOhio

OffRoadOhio Registered Member

I cant get the doors aligned. I have early 80's doors and are trying to put them on an 89 k30 6.2 4 door diesel truck. And they will not align right, are there any differances in these doors that will cuase this? I already wollowed the hole sout more to get the doors up high enought to align with the body lines, but now the top left of them hit, and the bottom right. This is a customer vehicle and I jsut cant get it right

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Should not be any difference.
    One thing I did run across when painting my '88 crew cab. Went to replace the front doors due to dents, not rust. Found aftermarket doors from overseas did not fit, nor would they fit with any amount of shimming. Is it possible they are cheap aftermarket doors? If so look for GM or Canadian made parts.

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

What kind of shape are the body mounts in? How about the hinge bushings?

4. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Another thing. Don't get to critical on lining all the body lines up. The fit/finish of these trucks was not all that great from the factory. The door openings of the cab don't even match the doors really well compared too the '92+ models.

5. OffRoadOhio

OffRoadOhio Registered Member

yep, asked the teacher the other day and they are aftermarket, so i told him they wont line up and he decided to let me go ahead and paint the thing. I'm painting it for the county sheriff...