Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" EZ ride question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Me89'Jimmy, May 3, 2004.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

4\" EZ ride question

are you supposed to use the stock bolts with the new springs or are new ones included with it, i tried to use the old bolts because i didnt find any new ones. On one end they slid right in, the other the bolt was the same diameter as the collar inside the bushing, i tried pressing it but all that did was booger everything up /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Re: 4\" EZ ride question

You will need to get longer U-bolts to fit a 4" lift. Stock u-bolts wouldn't work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

New bolts came with my Tuff Country 4" kit. The thing went together pretty easy.

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

use new bolts... if you can, find somewhere local that will make them for you (usually around $10.00 each) and have them make you some 3/4" or at least some 5/8" ones. dont use the skinny little ones they sell at most auto parts places.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    are you supposed to use the stock bolts with the new springs or are new ones included with it, i tried to use the old bolts because i didnt find any new ones. On one end they slid right in, the other the bolt was the same diameter as the collar inside the bushing, i tried pressing it but all that did was booger everything up /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, he's talking about BOLTS, not U bolts.

I suspect that the front of his springs, the stock bolts slid right in. That would be correct.

I suspect also that in the rear of his springs, his bushings are set up for 7/16" bolts and since his blazer is a later model, he has 1/2" bolts. That would mean he's trying to put a 1/2" bolt through a 7/16" hole.

I dunno where you bought your springs but if you told them that you had a later model Blazer they should have got you the correct 1/2" sleeves for the rear of your springs. (ORD has this information on their website, they sell kits for us with older trucks so we can upgrade to a 1/2" bolt) so Stephen knows his stuff and supplies his customers with the correcty sized sleeves for the later model trucks.

That said, you have two choices. Get yourself the correct sleeves for the rear portion of your front springs, or use 7/16" bolts to put it back together. Me personally, I'd get the 1/2" diameter stuff as it will give you a much needed increase in strength where there was factory weakness.

I hope this makes sense.

6. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

oh... heheh /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I knew that.