Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 in. lift and 36-12.5-15 tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wickedk5, May 10, 2000.

1. wickedk5

wickedk5 Registered Member

is this setup possible without having to do too much/ if any fender trimming? btw, it will be mounted on 15x8 eagle 589s

thanks guys

2. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

Several folks here run 35s with a 4" lift, but I would think that 36s would be pushing it if you wanted to wheel it at all. Correct me if i'm wrong, guys...

Blazin' in Flagstaff

3. wickedk5

wickedk5 Registered Member

i forgot to mention that the truck will be driven mostly in the snow, mud, and dirt trails and of course the street so full articulation is not a main concern. i just want to know if it will clear the fenders in very "mild" wheeling.

thanx
    fellas

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I run 36 12.5's on 10" wide rims with a 4" lift and have the fenders trimmed pretty good and I love it, but without the fender trim there would be no way. You can see pics of it under the project trucks "UAV"

Steve

5. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

I don't think anybody here believes me BUT...When I bought my K5 it had 36x12.50x16(possibly 16.5)Swamper TSL radials on it.It would twist great and never hit anything on the truck.NO fender trimming,unless you count rust.I still have them if you're interested,tires are a little thin but not down to the wear bars yet.I could get the rim dimensions and post them if you want.The thing is skinny rims and the right backspacing.My new ones are 35x15.5x15 SX's on 12x15" rims with 3" backspacing and they hit the fender turning around in the tire shop parking lot.(And I thought I was cool, until I left)I guess what i'm saying is to get the right backspacing on your rims.

<font color=red>Wanna'keep wheelin? Get involved!
    Check the "Land Use" section of this board.</font color=red>

6. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Here is an attachment of my 75 with 36X12.5X15 Swamper TSL's on 15X8" white spokes. I have Bushwacker Cut out fender flares and my tires come very close to rubbing. I have a 4" Superlift HD front with ORD shackles.

David 75K5

[​IMG]
    http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm putting on a 4" Tuff country lift with shackle flip rear and will be running 36x12.5x16 SS Radials. Seems like it's all gonna fit fine. Of course you'll have to cut the fenders and with a little patience you can even make it look good. Check out Steve's truck! I rode with DangerB some at the Benbrook meet. He has 4" with 36x14.5x15 SS Radials and copious amounts of fender lobbed off. But it looked good, wheeled good and I never heard it make contact. Just take your time, trim well, or get cutouts. And have fun.

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress