Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 in lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Apr 17, 2001.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

Ok i will be lifting my blazer in the next week or so. I need an in depth list of stuff i need to do to have the truck run properly. Do i need stuff like adjustable drag links? I would like to know everything possible i need to get. thanks

2. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

anyone?

3. 1big78k5

1big78k5 Registered Member

If you go with a quality kit like Superlift they will give you evrything you need , like brake line relocation brackets and hardware. The only other thing you will need is the 4" steering arm which sells for about $60.00

'78 K5 SB400, T350, NP203, 35" Swampers

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Unless you're getting a used kit, it should include everything. Just to be sure, I'd check for longer shocks, dropped steering arm, ubolts, nuts, washers, etc.

You might also wanna get new bushings, and why not some ORD longer front shackles. You might need to lower your transfer case, so get some shims too. If you don't want to lower it, then some new driveshafts would be nice. [​IMG].

Since you'll have your axles out, why not rebuild them? New gears, bearings and stuff? Since the axles will be disassembled, why not disc brakes and an air locker? [​IMG]

<font color=blue>I think this was a typical example of the way a CK5 member thinks. LOL. [​IMG]</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>//////
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://blazer79.coloradok5.com>http://blazer79.coloradok5.com</A>
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Have a torch handy to get the old steering arm off.....

[​IMG]

6. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

And don't be like me and neglect to extend your bumpstops for your springs/axles, or you'll be fixin' shock mounts!

Denis

7. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

anyone know wherew i can buy extended stops or what a adjustable drag link is?

8. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

As far as I know you shouldn't have to worry about an adjustable drag link if you put on the new steering arm. As for the bumpstops, guys here informed me that ORD makes new extended brackets and I believe energy suspension makes some longer polyurethane ones.

Denis

9. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

I would say go with the Rough Country 4" kit. It comes with everything you will need. Shocks& boots, steering arm, brake line drop brackets, u bolts. This kit cost about $550 with frt and rear springs delivered in 2 days to my door. For other accessories your can get ORD stuff they are awsome. You can shope for ORD stuff at http://toyboxoffroad.com also. hope this helps.
    sergio

10. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

You'l need a flat place to work. At least 2 2 tonn jackstands. Some scrap wood. A couple of floorjacks. 2 cans of rust-blaster(not wd-40) A grinder for cutting off the old U-bolts. safety goggles for grinding.

And I remembered thinking a set of knea pads would have been nice[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] If your not living on the edge, your taking upp to much space![​IMG]