Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4"inch lift info/advice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Jan 19, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

4\"inch lift info/advice

ok guys i know there has been alot of questions on this topic, but maybe not the same as mine. my question is, i want to lift as inexpesive as possible. used systems when available sell way to fast and i never even get a chance at 'em. i definetely will not have the bucks for a new system any time soon. im opting for cheap blocks in the rear from autozone and add-a-leafs for the front from jcwhitney. but my qustion is, do they make 4" add-a-leafs ? can you stack two -2" add-a-leafs. right now with my financial situation and the way my job is going, saving money for a new system is out of the question/ not an option. any help and safe ideas are throughly appreciated. btw, i do not do any heavy wheellin' or thrashing so that is not a concern. basicly i only want it for better clearence for winter use. thanks ahead of time.

darrenolander
    galva,il.
    1979chevycheyenneblazer
    350/350
    gettin'down on all fours, 4 a'little
    x4 play !
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by big d on 01/19/02 03:25 AM.</FONT></P>

2. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Re: 4

I don't know for sure but I doub't it's a good idea to stack add-a-leafs on the front for safety reasons. My K5 came with stacked add-a-leafs in the rear and it rides like hell. You should scrounge the junk yards you might find what you want cheap. The guy that owned my rig before me got some front 4" springs at a junk yard. There is a way to flip the rear shackles with some free do it yourself labor so you could skip the blocks. Moose did his K5 and wheels it hard. I plan to do it to my rig. I also trimmed the fenders for more tire clearance and that only cost a few dollars for the cut off wheels from the hardware store, I already had the electric drill. Keep in mind that if you do a cheese add-a-leaf you will probably regret it and be throwing away your money. If you can save the money for the add-a-leafs be patient and save more. Try to find some springs at a junk yard. BTW don't forget you will probably need shocks as well. If your lucky you might find a whole set up at a junk yard, including the steering arm that is also important when lifting your vehicle. I'm sure that most of the people on this forum will agree that you will not be happy if you go the cheesey route. I am sure that if you ever plan to have a woman ride with you that, CHICKS DON'T DIG RIGS THAT RIDE SO STIFF THAT THE BRA STRAPS BRUISE THEIR SHOLDERS.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds (See profile for pics)

3. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\"inch lift info/advice

When I first got my blazer, I wasnt going to spend $900 (they are expensive'r over here[​IMG]) So I did a 3"bodylift for $90.00 instead, drove that on some used 32x11,5 on 8inch whitespokes and was happy with what looked like a lifted truck with fat tires.

These days I dont think it looked like it was lifted at all, but then again I have to remind myself where I started, and how the Blazer sat when original.
    Good luck. I have a writeup with pic's on my homepage of the bodylifting experience:

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\"inch lift info/advice

And heres a bargain on a brand new one. Ends in a litle over 3 hours though...
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</font color=red>[/b]