Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 inch lift on a 97 tahoe

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1BAD88, Apr 1, 2002.

1. 1BAD88

1BAD88 Registered Member

Has anyone installed one?What are the pros and cons? I have never done a lift on an ifs truck before and any info would help thanks.(1997 TAHOE 5.7) I want to run 33s-35s what do yous guys think will be my best approach to complete this project???

2. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Have you researched on what it would take to do a solid axle swap. I think Off Road Unlimited sells the kit to bolt the leaf springs and axle on. I think it would look killer on a truck like yours.

3. 1BAD88

1BAD88 Registered Member

Yes I thought about it but I dont want to get into alot of custom fabrications .I just want to build it to be a streetable and winter truck (nothing crazy) I figured that a bolt in kit for an ifs would be the easiest route but I have not seen one around here .Although the straight axle is an awesome idea I want to keep the tahoe preety much stock other than a lift and nice alloys and meats.Id rather save the extra $$ to put into my k-5.......thanks for the suggestion though

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Here is how it has worked for me in the past with IFS chevy's. 4'' will fit 33''s and rub, 6'' fits 33''s with no rubbing, 35''s will rub, add a 3'' body the 4'' and clear 35''s.