Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 Inch Lift with 35" tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 | Suburban | Truck' started by baumann6, Jan 20, 2012.

1. baumann6

baumann6 Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone is running a four inch lift with 35" tires I won't be doing any hard offroading and i do not want to trim the fenders. I just got an 86 k5. Thanks. ​

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Honestly, you'd have to trim. Street only, 35's will be ok unless you hit a bump with the tires turned.

IMO the biggest tire that will fit, with no trimming, is a 32". Anything bigger than that involves fender trimming or lots of lift.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

4. baumann6

I want to go with 35" tires so should probably go with a 6" lift you guys know if the stock drive shafts will work i have been looking around and seeing various answers. thanks. ​

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

usually 6" would require longer shafts..

with just a minor trim on the back of the front fender, you can gain a TON more clearance for 35's.. if your not flexing the he!! out of it, that'd probably do ya ok with a 4"...

6. baumann6

Thanks

7. ccarley

ccarley 1/2 ton status

I don't this.k you will be upset with the minor trimming required for 35's with a 4 inch lift; my suburban has that setup and you hardly notice where the fenders were trimmed unless you look close.

8. mudmobeeler

mudmobeeler Registered Member Premium Member

Got my blazer with stock wore out suspension and wore out 35s, po trimmed the front fender a lil also. It would rub on the inside of the rear fender. The pic is one of its first days of my ownership. Now it has 4 in front springs and 4 in rear shackle flip. Im still working on some stuff to get all the flex I can out of it but it hasnt rubbed yet. I suspect it will when I put some disconnects on the front sway bar.

blazer3.jpg

9. rcpd34

rcpd34 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I ran 33's with no rubbing and only a 4" lift.

10. RJB44

RJB44 1/2 ton status

I have a tough Country 4 inch lift with 35s and have plenty of clearance. This is a daily driver and does not go off road. Matter of fact....I may be putting a 2 inch lift with 33s. The wife has been giving me a hard time for over a year and I may need to compromise. She also drives it.

Truck 1.jpg

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Welcome to CK5. Have a look up at the header bar, you'll find "Search". Trust me, "will 35's fit with 4" lift" is the number one question asked in the last 12 years of CK5.

The answer of course is:

Yes, No, and it depends. The specifics of each answer can be found in your search. :waytogo:

12. baumann6

Very nice truck RBJ44.

13. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I ran 35x12.50 MT/R's on 15x10 rims with a 4" lift and disconnected swaybar (more flex) with heavy off-roading for several years. It only required a very small amount of trimming on the lower rear edge of the front fenders. I still had the stock chrome wheelwell molding at that time and was able to reinstall it. As mentioned above you would have had to look very, very hard to notice.

With 33x12.50s on the same rims I could get some very slight rubbing in just the right situation with extreme flex.

The actual tire and rim makes a difference. A 15x8 rim probably would have fit better, where as a 35x15.50 Swamper would probably require more trimming.