Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 inch lift ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FatBoyBlazer, Oct 31, 2001.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i was under my truck today in my auto class and i noticed that the pipes that come down from my exhaust manifold go across my t-case and i f i were to lift it 4 inches my drive looks like it will be hitting my piping. even if i drop the t-case it looks like the front drive shaft will still rub on my piping. any sugestions, well i could get some headers and just run them open all winter

high

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Thats common. On my Jimmy it rubs only when the axle is articulating or when its on a rack at work. Now for the burb on a good bump it rubs, thats how close that one is. I dont know if lifts change it or not, or if dropping the t-case will make a difference. I dropped the t-case on the Jimmy with the factory spacers, and the lift is the tuff country ez ride. The burb I did not drop the t-case, and its a rancho lift.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. CarolinaBogger

CarolinaBogger Registered Member

When I had my 4" on my 89 Blazer, I never had problems with the front shaft touching the crossover pipe, even though it was pretty close. I had the front end articulated and it still didn't touch (to the best of my knowledge). And I do have the t-case dropped. I just put a 8" on and I'm gonna have to cut, drop and weld the pipe back together. You should be alright, but then again, not all Blazers are exactly the same. If it does rub, it probably won't cost alot to have the pipe dropped.
    CB

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Never had a lift and single exhaust on the same truck, so I guess I wouldn't know.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I had this same problem so I had my local exhaust shop cut the old one off and put a new one in closer to the t-case and above the skidplate. It only cost about 65. Not too bad.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

6. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Get that exhaust on top of the drive shaft. Your local muffler shop should know how to do it. My drive shaft was impacting mine and I figured it would get torn off sometime being below anyways.