Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 inch lift

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by FatBoyBlazer, Jan 21, 2002.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

how hard is it to put a lift on a 2001 1500 silverado......i did the lift on my 1991 blazer which is a live front axle and iv'e never even seen some on do a lift on a IFS truck....is it dificult???? or should i just bring it to a place to have it put on......what is a good lift....i did a BDS on My blazer and like it so i dunno what a good lift is on an IFS truck

hola

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If it's anything like the IFS on earlier GM's, there's a LOT of work to be done. The entire front end has to come apart. Then you get to cut off parts of the stock frame and differential housing (at this point, there's no going back!). Install all of the brackets and such that relocate the front suspension, then put the front end back together. Install new brake lines, then move to the rear. It's a piece of cake after doing the front. [​IMG]

Oh yeah, be sitting down when you get the price for the IFS lift kit. [​IMG] If you ask for the installed price, you may need smelling salts... [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

ha I just happen to have Rancho's 4" instructions right here in front of me-- let me take a looksy

well--- just for laughs, here's the list of REQUIRED tools... maybe this is why we never installed this thing--

just the good ones-
    torsion bar, univeral sterring linkage puller, ball joint seperator, prevailing torque nuts, die grinder, drill motor, assorted drills 1/8 to 1/2 torque wrench, assorted combination wrenches, 1/2 drive ratchet and sockets, hudraulic floor jack, center punch, file, large c clamp, bench vise, and adjustable straps-- OH here's the good one!!

RECIPROCATING SAW-- to "MODIFY FRAME AND DIFFERENTIAL""" OUCH!
    hammer, wire brush, silicone spray, tape measure, and safety glasses..

The required installation time for this system is approximately 12 hours- If you do not have the tools or are unsure of your abilities, have this system installed by a certified technican..

OH WELL--- if your looking for a lift- let me know-- I have one in my garage...

--Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

4. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Best IFS lift in the 4" range is the 4" Rancho lift. The subframe is all one peice, very beefy. No bolts coming loose and things shifting around that way. Only thing about it is that when you put it together to Rancho's specs it actually sits at around 5.25" worth of lift. So 33's look a bit small, but if you run 315/75R16 (35x12.5R16)'s on the stock 16x7's they'll fit fine.[​IMG]

Life goes on whether you like it or not......................[​IMG]

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

OH WELL--- if your looking for a lift- let me know-- I have one in my garage...

<hr></blockquote> heres a shot in the dark..do you still have this???

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

shot in the dark with a lightbulb on-

sure do, with the parts still in plastic baggies..-- the shocks are in the boxes, the big frame piece, and the "long tube thingys'" were painted black to match our truck.....but nothing has been installed...sitting here waiting for its new owner. the add-a-leaf is still in the sealed rancho box, never even opened..

make me a resonable offer and its yours..shipping is going to SUCK but we will be down at the charity ride-- in PA...I can bring it then for anyone interested

brandy

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Whats the part number on it? Also do you have a ball park for weight, I would have to be shipped if the purchase is made.
    Thanks

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Isn't that lift for the new body style silverado?

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I claim dibs on it,LOL. I just want to make sure it will fit the truck it's going on.

10. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

It is the new body style silverado, sierra... 1500's...

the rancho number is RS6545-- 1999-2001(when I called them it fits the 2002's as well) chevrolet Siverado/GMC Sierra 4" suspension lift if you look at the web site, they have a picture of it- The part I mentioned was black- it is ORANGE in the picture. don't ask me what they are called..

the direct page to this kit is..
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.gorancho.com/products/chevrolet_1.stm>http://www.gorancho.com/products/chevrolet_1.stm</a>

In all honesty- this thing has to weigh a couple hundred pounds. The add-a-leaf can be shipped seperatly since its still in its original box...the 4 shocks and small parts can be shipped together..but those big black things- are going to be odd to pack, and may be expensive to ship. I have no problem using a trucking company if that's something you are interested in, as long as their is one around here that is near you. my zip is 05101

let me know if you need more info.

Brandy

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I was afriad it was for the new ones,/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I was looking for a 88 to 98. Thanks a bunch for checking for us Brandy/forums/images/icons/smile.gif. If anyone I talk to is looking for one I'll send them your way. Thanks again,
    -Jeremy