Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 inch Shackle flip with 6 inch Supershackles a no go?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Mudbone, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Mudbone

Mudbone Registered Member

Stephen,

I have to make up about 6 to 7 inches of lift for the rear on a 2001 1500 Sierra ext cab. I had planned on using your 4 inch shackle flip, (modifing a HD version), and 6 inch super shackles and get the rest with custom springs. I have gottten conflicting info on using the 6 inch shackle with the 4 inch flip. Is this a bad idea or is it fine?:confused:

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I hope it is not bad. I run it with 56" rears on my Blazer, as does a buddy, and have seen no problems.

3. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There should be no problem at all with that. Give Stephen a call and talk to him.

4. Mudbone

I hate to air ORDs dirty laundry in public, but the conflicting info I mentioned..... I got two different stories from two different employees at ORD. Stephen either being out for the day or unavailable when I called. One person said it was fine, then when I called back to order the other said it dropped the rear of the spring too far down. I feel like an ass to call up and absolutely insist on talking to Stephen. He can't hold everyones hand all the time. BUT, I could use definitive answer. For what its worth guys, the safety of this might be vehicle dependent, although both the folks I talked to were aware of what vehicle I had in mind, the 01 1500.

5. miniwally

I don't really see how this is "Dirty Laundry" .

You called and talked to two different people and they have a different interpretation on your setup. Granted they are both in the same company but unless they talk about your setup between them they may each have a good point about it. Call and ask Specifically for Stephen and ask your questions. Get the best answer that he has and buy products from them accordingly.

Your already on here asking the same question so save everybody a little time and just use the phone.
    It is not a big deal, ORD is more than happy to help you out and keep customers happy.

6. Mudbone

Dirty laundry may have been over stating the case, but this is hardly a matter for "interpretation." Either you can use them together or you can't and I would think that everbody at the same company would be on the same page. I am not sure why you think my posting it here is a problem. I have made multiple unsucessful attempts to talk to contact Stephen by phone. I asked here specifically for the purpose of getting through to him. After all this is his companys forum.

7. miniwally

Of course you can use them together. Now will it cause a problem such as the tail of the spring lower than the front which to my understanding will cause some weird handling I don't know.

A little advice. If you want a resonse faster call and talk to Stephen or leave a message. He will call you back.
    Posting here is not a problem, you will get a response but maybe not as fast as if you just call. It also takes just as much time sometimes more typing back and forth just like we are doing than to talk it over on the phone

I am simply trying to help you along since you are kinda new here and I know what is up with a few things around here.

8. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

i am runing an ord 4" flip with a 6" shakle along with a 2.5" ad-a-leaf and have seen no problems. as long as your bushings are in good shape and everything has a good snug fit (witch ords stuff will) i dont think you will have any trubble.i read in one of the other posts that piniun angle could be some what of an issue.might want to ask a little about that. Steven is very busy and somtimes it take a little time to get him on the phone, but once you do dont let him go tell all your questions are ansered.he is very knowledgable and should be able to clear up what ever you want to know.

9. Mudbone

Dirksters, a couple of questions. What vehicle is this on? And, as miniwally pointed out, where does this put the rear eye in relation to the front eye?

And miniwally, yeah, I know I can do it. I can also run 44 inch boggers on a 10 bolt. That doesn't mean I should.

10. 86Cucvbeater

86Cucvbeater 1/2 ton status

I have a lwb truck with a 4in. shackle flip and 7in. shackles(i think). i shimmed the pinion down about 5 degrees and it works fine. I would need to shim a total of 8 degrees to have the pinion level. I don't think you will have a problem.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  11. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

sent a pm

12. BL1TZKRIEG

BL1TZKRIEG 1/2 ton status

I would like to know this as well
    I was thinking of maybe going with a 5" shackle

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I have this on a 77 blazer with ford 57's in there and the pinion was perfect for my set up. the rear eye is lower then the front eye. My 68 burb is getting the same set up but it is a home grown 4" flip and 4" lifted springs with HD XJ shackles (cheapest and quickest to ship )