Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 inch sus lift and 3 inch body ?...?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Nov 27, 2000.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

hi i have a 77 k5 blazer and i have a 4 inch sus and 3 inch body with 35's on it right know but i would like to move up to 38 1/5 inch tires here soon will i have enought lift for those size tires and will i have to do anything like drivlines or anything ?...

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

in the new issue of four wheeler they have a lift kit/tire reference on page 48...for all the kits they specify 35"tires need a 6" lift and 38's and 39's need an 8" lift,,,so i would have to say you'd be cuttin' it close if they did actually fit!!!

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

You will need to do a little fender trimming...especially in the front. If you have 1/2 ton axles it's really pushing it so you should get 3/4 or 1 ton stuff if you don't already have them. the drivline angles only change when you lift the suspension. the axles are the same distance away from the t case evn if you have a 12 inch suspension lift and 31 or a 12 inch suspension lift and 44s.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

4. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

so does it sounds like a good idea for my rig and yeah i still have 1/2 stuff but i will get 1 ton in awhile

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Don't forget gearing. Just because a tire will physically fit doesn't mean thats all to be considered. The bigger the tires the more modifications you'll need. Bigger axles, deeper gears, and bigger brakes or at least rear disks would be a good idea. What gears do you have now?
    I've seen 38's and a 6" lift but the fenders were trimmed considerably.

Rene

[​IMG]

6. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

I have 4" susp + 3" body and 35s. I rub the fenders when its twisted up and I dont even have any big travel stuff done. My sway bar is connected, my shocks are stock locations, I run lift blocks etc. I have plans to cut the fenders very soon and still run my 35s so take it for what its worth... what kind of wheeling are you doing? If its straight line stuff without much articulation you will be OK. I ran 38,5s for about 2 weeks, and they fit ok for road, but I trashed a fender in the local trail entry thru a ditch.

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

7. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Just trim the fenders...the lift should be ok. My buddy runs 38's with a 4" lift and he had to hack his fenders real good for them to fit but he has no center of gravity problem and minor rub

8. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Just trim the fenders...the lift should be ok. My buddy runs 38's with a 4" lift and he had to hack his fenders real good for them to fit but he has no center of gravity problem and minor rub